a place to get your Mini worked on in Paradise valley AZ

Discuss anything MiNi related!

a place to get your Mini worked on in Paradise valley AZ

Postby jakem_9036 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:41 am

so i was looking for some one that knows about my mini because it just fell out of warranty. i went to get my annual oil change done at a Sears in the PV mall area and i was pleased to find a young man that knew what he was talking about. i can honestly say that this youngster knows his mini and i had to tell the world about him and about the service i received.
can any one tell me any other place to have there mini worked on in PV or Scottsdale other then the dealer? if not i think i have found my new tech.
jakem_9036

Postby Louie B. » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:39 pm

http://www.dynamicminicollective.org/fo ... php?t=5856

Don't see any specifically in PV but pretty close down in Tempe there are quite a few very knowlegable mechanics listed in the link above.
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby jakem_9036 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:25 pm

thanks i have been looking for a good list to people and shops thats do work
it was so fortunate to run in to this guy but i will uses this list for all my tuning needs
jakem_9036

Postby EuroTechs » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Jake, If you are going to go through the trouble of making an account to post on this forum you can at least be honest. There is no point in pretending to be a MINI owner who found a tech at Sears. Lying to promote yourself or your business is not a good way to make a first impression. Let your work speak for itself and allow real customers to post reviews and recommendations.
EuroTechs

Postby deemotored » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:15 pm

:drama:
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby Oldgamefreak » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:17 pm

EuroTechs wrote:Jake, If you are going to go through the trouble of making an account to post on this forum you can at least be honest. There is no point in pretending to be a MINI owner who found a tech at Sears. Lying to promote yourself or your business is not a good way to make a first impression. Let your work speak for itself and allow real customers to post reviews and recommendations.

Is there something we should know about this???
Oldgamefreak
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby EuroTechs » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Jake is a tech who works at the Sears location that he is suggesting. Instead of saying I work at Sears and I want to work on your MINI, he created a story about being MINI owner and finding "his guy" in hopes that he could drum up some work. I think he should be free to promote his self if he feels inclined to do so but be honest. People have a hard enough time trusting mechanics in the first place, how are you going to believe one you met based on false information?

I could go on about my personal experiences with Jake but I won't. Just be aware who actually posted this review.
EuroTechs

Postby 66Cooper » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:45 pm

I took a quick look at Jakes profile, he says he is an auto tech.

http://dynamicminicollective.org/forum/ ... file&u=901

It has been a while since we have had any forum drama....how is this gonna play out? :roll:
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby deemotored » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:11 am

I'm just ecstatic that it has nothing to do with me! :P
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby jakem_9036 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:12 am

Thanks Jerry you found me out. But I am currently looking for another place to work. It doesn't matter what you say I am confident in my work and it doesn't matter what you ever have to say. Frankly Jerry its sad that all you can do is try to push people down to make your self feel good. Your what I call a modern age bully. But you can take what ever you want I'll leave your forum all alone. Thanks for trying to make people feel welcome. You have a great day jerry.
jakem_9036

Postby Oldgamefreak » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:45 pm

jakem_9036 wrote:Thanks Jerry you found me out. But I am currently looking for another place to work. It doesn't matter what you say I am confident in my work and it doesn't matter what you ever have to say. Frankly Jerry its sad that all you can do is try to push people down to make your self feel good. Your what I call a modern age bully. But you can take what ever you want I'll leave your forum all alone. Thanks for trying to make people feel welcome. You have a great day jerry.

Jake, first off WELCOME to the forums.

That being said I believe he was right in calling you out. He didn't say anything out of line or anything that I would consider "pushing you down". You on the other hand came on here, misrepresented yourself both in who you were and what you did. Not a good first impression. I don
Oldgamefreak
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby 66Cooper » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:19 pm

I too think a better approach would have been something like:

"Hello everybody my name is Jake and I would love to work on your MINI!", then list your qualifications etc.

That would have come off much better than you did originally. This forum does not belong to anybody in the automotive trade and the DMC Club does not endorse any shops or individuals, although some advertise products and services here and competition is always good in the market place. (as is honesty)

Just because there are others who work on MiNis that use the forum is not a reason to slink away, but rather a reason to offer the best service, the best price, the best reputation, or what ever it is that makes you the best qualified.

The customers will provide your actual word of mouth advertising, but be prepared word of mouth can be both positive and negative!
Barney
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby 66Cooper » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:12 pm

All that being said, Welcome Jake and tell us more about your MINI! What model, year, color etc. What have you done to it ? Any mods? DIY?

Now that warranty isn't an issue I am sure you had modded it some or at least you plan to!
Barney
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby Nemo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:21 am

Dee, Mike showed me the forum and I died laughing at :drama: . Thank you for the laugh in all this drama! :loco Mike says to make sure you know it is me not him writing this.
Jan
Nemo
Nemo
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Next

Return to General Board