DRP - Second Sunday Sweets - MacAlpine's -Feb 12th {5PM-7PM}

Discuss upcoming and old DMC events

DRP - Second Sunday Sweets - MacAlpine's -Feb 12th {5PM-7PM}

Postby azdavis » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:29 am

February's Second Sunday Sweets is going old school at MacAlpine's Soda Fountain

I must say, this place is Great! I went for the first time this week to scout it out. They have great old-fashioned shakes, malts, fountain sodas, phosphates and egg creams! Lets come out in force, it will be a fun time!

Parking next to the building only has about a dozen spaces. They are going to try and reserve a few of these spots next to their sign/building so we/they can get some pictures of the club! Once they run out of spots, there are plenty of open parking across the street in the church parking lot that the owner says we are welcome to park at.

From New Times Review:
Established in 1928, MacAlpine's is the closest Valley residents can get anymore to an old-style soda shop. From the black-and-white-checkered tile and the vintage soda signs to the old jukebox packed full of 45s from artists like Petula Clark and The Platters, everything about the joint harks back to the days when Hula-Hoops and waitresses on roller skates were new fads (but, alas, the servers at MacAlpine's do not wear roller skates). The menu is old-school, too, with sodas available in 30-something flavors, from spearmint to wild cherry (and they'll top any of 'em off with whipped cream, too), and traditional American grub like Coney dogs and BLT sandwiches.

When: Sunday, Feb 12th
Time: 5pm - 7pm

*Please RSVP on Facebook, This is a great place and i need to give them a rough count ahead of time as they are going to reserve space for us.

Here is the URL for Google Maps to take peak.
http://g.co/maps/sgy48

azdavis

Postby danjmcs » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:52 am

Good call on this place, great time! We'll definitely be back!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Return to Club Events