DRP - Holiday Lights Run - Sat Dec 17

Discuss upcoming and old DMC events

DRP - Holiday Lights Run - Sat Dec 17

Postby danjmcs » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:21 am

We will once again be organizing a run around the valley of some of the great Holiday Lights displays!

Because of how this years route has come together, and with the Toys for Tots event on Sunday the 18th, we will be starting this year at Mini of Tempe, 7855 S Test Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284. This will give those that can't attend the Sunday morning event a chance to also drop off toys on Saturday before the Lights Run.

As we did last year, we will be giving out a prize to the best decorated Mini on the run, so start putting your ideas together!

Please arrive at the dealership by 5:30PM and around 5:45PM we will expect those that have decorated Minis to be ready to be judged so we can determine the winner(s) and give out some prizes! We will then we head out at 6PM sharp!

This is typically about a 2-3 hour run from start to finish, with a treat break and/or bathroom stop(s) along the way.

Bring your radios, cameras and sense of adventure! Hopefully you'll see some parts of the valley you haven't seen before. We also highly recommend you bring a navigator! It makes it much easier as we wind in and out of the various neighborhoods!

Also, if you are not decorating your car to win some prizes, please park in the street in front of the dealership so there is room in the parking area for those decorated MiNis to be parked/judged, as well as for customer parking, since the dealership is still open til 7PM, thanks!

Please RSVP if you plan to attend so we can get some idea of an attendance count.

Here are some members pictures and videos from prior years runs to give you an idea of what to expect to see!

http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/zz32 ... 0Dec%2018/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27981704@N ... 236500622/
Last edited by danjmcs on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby danjmcs » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 am

Because of how this years route has come together, and with the Toys for Tots event on Sunday the 18th, we will be starting this year at Mini of Tempe, 7855 S Test Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284.

This will also give those that can't attend the Sunday morning event a chance to drop off toys on Saturday before the Lights Run.

Complete details above!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby danjmcs » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:20 am

Please RSVP here OR on the Facebook event if you plan to attend so we can get some idea of an attendance count. Thanks!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Louie B. » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Already rsvp'd on facebook. I need a navigator if anyone wants to ride along!
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Don't forget we have a busy weekend coming up with the Lights Run on Saturday night and the Special Cars & Coffee Sunday for Toys & Tots the following morning!

Since we're starting the Lights Run at Mini of Tempe, you can also bring your toy donations on Saturday evening or wait until Sunday morning, depending on if your attending one or both events!

Hope to see you all out this weekend, Rain or Shine!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby DogWashMini » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Is there more than one FB page? I can't find the events page. Anyway, I am a maybe. The Dog wash doesn't close till 5 and it is the saturday before Christmas. We may be slammed. If I don't make it have fun and be safe!
Zippin thru the day!!!!
DogWashMini

Postby Louie B. » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:02 am

DogWashMini wrote:Is there more than one FB page? I can't find the events page. Anyway, I am a maybe. The Dog wash doesn't close till 5 and it is the saturday before Christmas. We may be slammed. If I don't make it have fun and be safe!

If you're late give me a call and I'll try to guide you to us.
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:17 am

DogWashMini wrote:Is there more than one FB page? I can't find the events page. Anyway, I am a maybe. The Dog wash doesn't close till 5 and it is the saturday before Christmas. We may be slammed. If I don't make it have fun and be safe!

Yep, there are two pages, so I think you were looking at the public Fan page. I just made sure you were on the Members Group Page too. You should see the Events now. There isn't a separate Events link anymore after the last round of FB changes, they are mixed in when you click on your own regular Events link.

And like Louie said, If your going to be close to making it by 6, or just running a little late, shoot one of us a text and we can give you some directions to where we're headed.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby oldfart42 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 pm

We're in.
oldfart42
DMC Member
DMC Member

Saturday Christmas lights event

Postby danhaines » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:40 pm

I
danhaines

Postby atori » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:39 pm

coming with my grandma and aunt and of course sis (maybe Lubos). We'll only have one mini this time.
atori
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby R50 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:44 am

We are planning on attending - can't miss a Xmas run based in Tempe - what great planning!
Duff is the stuff!

Dan
R50
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby danjmcs » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:10 am

R50 wrote:We are planning on attending - can't miss a Xmas run based in Tempe - what great planning!

Well, we might slip over the city boundary a couple times, i hope your Mini isn't completely GPS biased ;)
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Miniman s » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:46 am

sounds fun I will most likely be there
2004 Mini Cooper S
Miniman s
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby minidad » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:27 pm

:lol: This is perfect!!!!
I am bringing some toys for the drive...and was gonna leave them with somebody going to MOT Sunday......
We'll be there.....but NOT with bells on...Skully thinks dressin up is for kids.
minidad
DMC Member
DMC Member

Next

Return to Club Events