Rhino Caffe - Car Show July 17th 2009

Discuss upcoming and old DMC events

Rhino Caffe - Car Show July 17th 2009

Postby MINICDN » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Anyone have any interest in going to this event this Friday? It is far South East valley in Queen Creek!
I know, it going to be a long drive for some of you...(like me driving to Surprise! :P )
Obviously, this is closer for those in the East Valley but isn't it all about the driving!

I heard that last month they had a good turnout and I also hear the coffee and pastries are great (I happen to know the part time pastry chef!!) :D

Here are the details:

Rhino Caffe
22721 S. Ellsworth Rd. Unit 107
Queen Creek, AZ 85242
480-987-2140

Map Link: http://www.rhinocaffe.net/contact.html
Link: http://www.rhinocaffe.net/index.html

Time: 6:00PM - 9:00PM

Later,

Paul
07 MCS AB/AB Hypersport Redwood Lounge Leather, JCW Stage 1, NM Springs, Sway Bar, Strut Brace
MINICDN
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:10 am

Not if that Paul guy is gonna be there. :roll:
:lol:
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby MINICDN » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:35 pm

deemotored wrote:Not if that Paul guy is gonna be there. :roll:
:lol:

OK. I'll stay home and you can go!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
07 MCS AB/AB Hypersport Redwood Lounge Leather, JCW Stage 1, NM Springs, Sway Bar, Strut Brace
MINICDN
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Too far. Have to work in the am.
:roll:
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Re: Rhino Caffe - Car Show July 17th 2009

Postby OPC » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:46 pm

MINICDN wrote:Anyone have any interest in going to this event this Friday? It is far South East valley in Queen Creek!
I heard that last month they had a good turnout and I also hear the coffee and pastries are great (I happen to know the part time pastry chef!!) :D

Later,

Paul

I'm up for this...what time are you popping in?
Jos
OPC

Re: Rhino Caffe - Car Show July 17th 2009

Postby MINICDN » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:20 pm

OPC wrote:
MINICDN wrote:Anyone have any interest in going to this event this Friday? It is far South East valley in Queen Creek!

Later,

Paul

I'm up for this...what time are you popping in?

I was thinking about 6:15 - 6:30ish. Call me and we can meet up and be a convoy of 2!! :lol: :lol:
MINICDN
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby MINICDN » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Well our little convoy of 3 (Patty, Jose, Pabby) braved the dust storm and the 25 or so raindrops that followed (just to mess with us and our clean cars) to go to the far east valley!

Unfortunatly, the weather had caused most folks to stay home so it was a very light turnout. :(

However, we did have a very enjoyable dinner at the Rhino Caffe and I think we would all agree that it's a great place to stop and have a sandwich or salad if you do find yourseslves in the area.

Maybe next month. :D
MINICDN
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:57 pm

MINICDN wrote:Well our little convoy of 3 (Patty, Jose, Pabby) braved the dust storm and the 25 or so raindrops that followed (just to mess with us and our clean cars) to go to the far east valley!

Unfortunatly, the weather had caused most folks to stay home so it was a very light turnout. :(

However, we did have a very enjoyable dinner at the Rhino Caffe and I think we would all agree that it's a great place to stop and have a sandwich or salad if you do find yourseslves in the area.

Maybe next month. :D

Cool, thanks for checking it out. We're always up for throwing a different car show night/location on the calendar in the future.

Once we get through this nasty stretch of 110+ temps I'm sure we'll see all the car show turn-outs get back to normal.

Even Zonies have their limits I guess! hehe.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby OPC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:17 pm

It was a good time. Folks stayed home because of the weather, but still got to meet some new people and see a couple of cool cars. Just remember to fill the tank before leaving the Hwy202 area. :lol:

p.s. Also, my GPS apparently needs updating badly as that area is developing very quickly. I was driving through fields and orchards if one is to believe what 'Jill' (my garmin gps) was indicating. :lol: :lol:
Jos
OPC

Return to Club Events