DMC - AdoptAHighway - Payson Spring Cleanup 09 - Sun Apr 26

Discuss upcoming and old DMC events

Postby danjmcs » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Wow, what an absolutely perfect day for a run up to Payson, a little side road work, some lunch and dessert. Temps in the upper 60s in Payson made for temps in the upper 50s at the work spot, but very comfortable in the sun.

Big thanks to Suzanne for the planning with ADOT and also to Sean for providing the transportation to/from the cafe to our work location in his Monster Hummer!

Great lunch at Long Valley Cafe, and I believe the first ice cream place that we've "tagged"! You'll notice a new DMC sticker on the door to Pine Creek Fudge and Ice Cream in Pine, AZ. The people there were great, and it made for a nice treat before the trip down the hill.

Thanks to everyone that spent Sunday with the DMC! Pics to come from a few people I'm sure!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby azminiman » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Yes Dan,,, what a great time.. awesome group of people giving something back to our state.. Kudos to those who take the time to make a difference!
And it has worked.. a lot less trash each time...

[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby oldfart42 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:25 pm

That was a fun day. Well worth the trip!
oldfart42
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby MINICDN » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:16 pm

oldfart42 wrote:That was a fun day. Well worth the trip!

Second that. Sorry we missed Ice Cream but we had to get back a little bit early for an appointment.
07 MCS AB/AB Hypersport Redwood Lounge Leather, JCW Stage 1, NM Springs, Sway Bar, Strut Brace
MINICDN
DMC Member
DMC Member

ADOT Clean up

Postby harpo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:07 am

Hey Gang,

I received a notice in the mail today from ADOT that it's time to renew out committment to keeping AZ Beautiful (at least our mile of it!) for another 2 years. I'm unsure that I'm going to be in the state for another 2 years, so I'm looking for someone to step forward to take on the organization and safety meeting. It's really not that difficulty, I'm embarassed to say, It's really very simple and not time consuming at all.

If we don't renew our committment, they will take down the sign. Because of the current economic status of the state they are no longer putting up new signs... so if we lose this one, we won't be able to get it back up.

So, is the DMC still committed to this project?.. If so, we need someone to please step forward and let me know if you're willing do this.

A big thank you to everyone who has participated in the clean up. I think we've all enjoyed the work and play associated with our community project.

Suzanne
"I've got designs on a moving violation.".( Tom Waits)
harpo

Postby MINImama » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:41 pm

Suzanne,

Send me a PM. I'll send you my home e-mail and cell number. I'd volunteer to do this. I really enjoyed the drive and I think it is a worthy cause. The DMC enjoys the AZ roads so much that we should certainly continue to give back where we can. Let's chat.

Michele
MINImama
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:34 pm

MINImama wrote:Suzanne,
Send me a PM. I'll send you my home e-mail and cell number. I'd volunteer to do this. I really enjoyed the drive and I think it is a worthy cause. The DMC enjoys the AZ roads so much that we should certainly continue to give back where we can. Let's chat.
Michele

Thanks Michele, it really is a good event that all those that have attended have really enjoyed.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Previous

Return to Club Events