DRP - 3rd Saturday Car Show - Scottsdale Pavilions Jan 17

Discuss upcoming and old DMC events

DRP - 3rd Saturday Car Show - Scottsdale Pavilions Jan 17

Postby danjmcs » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:32 pm

Come on out to our 3rd Saturday of the month meet-up at the weekly car show by the McDonalds at The Pavilions in Scottsdale! Weather forecast is showing temps in the 70s for all of this coming week!

Please note that this is the final Saturday of Barrett-Jackson week, and the lots WILL BE PACKED with cars. So if we can get a group area to park, we will, but it will be much tougher, so just park where you can if we aren't where we normally are.

We are usually in the second row in the parking lot on your right, as you come in the main entrance off Indian Bend.

With this being Barrett-Jackson weekend, cars will be there by Noon, if not earlier, so if you happen to be the first to arrive, start saving spots if you can! Some of us will be arriving later from the Dyno Day at Mynes thats taking place earlier that day.

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 039568&t=h

For more history on the show, please see the October 2007 thread by clicking below:
http://www.dynamicminicollective.org/fo ... php?t=3810
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Luckiee's Son » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:35 am

We WILL be attending this. I really want to go to Dyno Day also.... Maybe I can try to convince the mother ONE more time... :? :) If not, catch up with you all at the Pavs! :)
Luckiee's Son

Postby danjmcs » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:19 pm

I only made it by for a few minutes and had to take off, but thanks to everyone that braved the crazy crowds at the car show last night!

Anyone get any good pics?
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Luckiee's Son » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Man, right when we got there, T and Mark had left, and then I tried to call Teresa and ask where all the MINIs were but in the middle of when it was ringing, my phone died. SO, we walked around the car show for about 15 to 20 minutes just looking for a single MINI. THEN, we saw Mike S's original Truck MINI. So, we thought, "Mike must be close along with other MINIs"..... Not so much. We then wandered a little bit to the right and saw "HRLYQIN" (Not sure that's how you spell it) :roll: Then, right when we saw the other MINIs, we see Scott leaving! That was a bummer because we needed more cards and my mom wants a DRP sticker now. So, we talked to Mike T. and Mike S. and others for a tiny bit. Then, everyone decides to leave... :roll: :roll: :roll:

So, yeah, we had a GREAT time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Luckiee's Son

Postby jax archillies » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:58 pm

id say there were about ten of us there. but ZERO parking spaces. we parked over by the diner and toys r us.

Tate you must have gotten there right as we were leaving. the girl (i forget her name) that got a mini for her bday showed up as i was leaving.
jax archillies

Postby on2wheels » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:34 am

Yeah, that was kind of a mob scene. Too many pictures to post but the results of my stroll through the lot are here. Uncles Sam's after the show hit the spot!
on2wheels
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Gottoon » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:33 am

It was a great day to be outside this weekend for the show... thank you to every one that came out to see all the incredible cars that are out for the auction weekend.

GO CARDS!!!!! What a great game today too!!!
Gottoon

Postby azminiman » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:32 pm

BUMP... comming up Feb 21th...good time to talk more about the run the next day
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Return to Club Events