DMC - British Euro Auto Tour - Apr 18-19 2009

Discuss upcoming and old DMC events

DMC - British Euro Auto Tour - Apr 18-19 2009

Postby danjmcs » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:52 pm

** FYI - Event is SOLD OUT with 125 Max Number of Cars Registered **

Greetings: A super thanks to Matt Williams for updating our website and adding the information & application pages. Go to www.beataz.com and click on the underlined heading that talks about the application. Please review both pages as there are major changes for the 2009 tour. Janice & I just got back from reviewing a new location in Cottonwood for our stop there. Also, there are some possible changes in Wickenburg & Prescott. So, as we continue to plan and organize the largest multi-marque driving event in the southwest please stay tuned for changes. One of the main items we have been asked to implement for 2009 is a limit on the number of cars on the tour. Therefore, the first 125 paid registrations received or a registration deadline of 3/23/09. What this means is we will accept no more than 125 cars or no registrations accepted after 3/23/09 no matter the number of paid registrations received. Please read both pages for new information regarding refunds and/or registrations held till the following year. I'll be in touch with other ideas or suggestions to share. If you have any questions please let me know. I would like to again attend your car club meeting and look forward to hearing from you to schedule that meeting. Janice & I look forward to again having a great tour and your participation is what makes this event the premier driving event that it is. By the way, sorry if you received duplicate emails.
Thanks,
Mike & Janice Goodwin & KoolKat
' 68 OTS E Type Jaguar
Phoenix, AZ USA www.beataz.com

I just received the above info from the organizers of the 12th Annual 2009 B.E.A.T. (British Euro Auto Tour) overnight event that will take place on the weekend of April 18th and 19th.

Last year we had a great turn-out of Minis, and we hope to have the same, or more, this year. It's a great collection of makes and models of cars, and just a good time. It grew to 165 cars last year, so not quite as big of an overall group this year.

Note that this year there is a MAX number of 125 cars, so register early if you plan to go! Registration deadline is March 23, 2009, or sooner, if they hit the 125 cars before that.

DMC Event link from 2008: CLICK HERE

Link to registration page for 2009 Event: CLICK HERE
Last edited by danjmcs on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Nemo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:53 pm

Jan & I had a blast on last one, so we will be attending this one!
Nemo
Nemo
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby azminiman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:08 am

We plan to do again also... always a good time
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:27 am

FYI, latest registration update from the folks at the BEAT is they have 50 registrations as of today, so almost halfway to filling up the event with close to two and a half months still to go to the March 23rd deadline, or 125 cars, whatever comes first.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby danjmcs » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:42 am

Latest BEAT News!

Greetings, and to answer a question I've been asked several times in the last few days is "How's the registration coming and what marques are signed up" Well, let's see, as of today's mail we have 87 registrations made up of the following marques: Lotus 3 / Mercedes Benz 17 / Jaguars 11 / Fiat 1 / Minis 10 / Porsches 6 / BMWs 11 / Triumphs 12 / Alfas 2 / Audi 1 / MGs 6 / Volvo 1 / Aston Martin 1 / Austin's 2 / Morgan's 2 & 1 Jensen. With the oldest car being the 1950 Austin Atlantic. What a great group of cars, Roger would surely be proud. But this means we have only 38 places left for the largest multi marque driving event in the southwest. Or, the registration will close on 3/23/09 what ever the number of registrations. So, mention to your driving buddies to get their decision made and join us. Also, hope everyone has made their reservations at Little America in Flagstaff ( 1-800-352-4386). Janice and I have a couple interesting items for the drivers this year, more information to follow. Any questions or suggestions, let us know. By the way, if you get multi mailings, that just means I'm to lazy to sort email groups, sorry !
Thanks for your participation, its you who make this event what it is,
Mike & Janice Goodwin & KoolKat
' 68 OTS E Type 480-759-9386
Phoenix, AZ USA www.beataz.com
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby JPMINITUCSON » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:14 pm

We are registered! We had a great time last year.
Jon
'81 Aussie Moke Californian
'61 Morris Mini-Minor
'71 Cooper 'S' MKIII
'76 Mini 1000
'13 MINI Cooper
JPMINITUCSON
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:22 am

Just an FYI, they are down to only 6 car registrations left of the 125!

If you are thinking of going, best get your registration in ASAP! Registration closes on March 23rd, or when they hit 125 cars!

The DMC CLEANED UP on the prizes at the after-breakfast raffle last year!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby danjmcs » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:04 pm

FYI, confirmed this event is SOLD OUT at 125 cars. They have two cars on the reserve list now if any of the 125 drop out before the event.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby AZblackOUT » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:58 pm

We should create a caravan to follow this for FREE! hell, cant stop us from driving :lol:
AZblackOUT

Postby danjmcs » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:16 am

AZblackOUT wrote:We should create a caravan to follow this for FREE! hell, cant stop us from driving :lol:

Like you'd get up that early?? hehe...
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

TUCSON B.E.A.T. - Friday Caravan

Postby JPMINITUCSON » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:24 pm

ATTN: MADMEN:

To review our Friday caravan to PHX area. We plan to leave ERNIE's BRITISH CAR SERVICE at 9:30 AM. He opens at 9:00 AM, so plan accordingly.

Our drive will be up the Frontage Road to Casa Grande. Bob Swetzer will join the entourage in Red Rock along the Frontage Rd.

We will stop in Casa Grande at a nice park - like last year - and enjoy a picnic lunch. Please plan ahead and either bring something or pick up something BEFORE you get to Ernie's. There were not many choices on the way into Casa Grande.

After lunch we will proceed westward to Maricopa and then northward into the PHX area on 51st Ave. We'll take Northern to the east side of I-10 and the Best Western Hotel.

Anyone for dinner Friday night?
Jon
'81 Aussie Moke Californian
'61 Morris Mini-Minor
'71 Cooper 'S' MKIII
'76 Mini 1000
'13 MINI Cooper
JPMINITUCSON
DMC Member
DMC Member

Re: TUCSON B.E.A.T. - Friday Caravan

Postby danjmcs » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:32 pm

JPMINITUCSON wrote:Anyone for dinner Friday night?

We might head over to the staging hotel Friday night, where I guess a number of those coming from out of state are staying. I don't think they are doing anything organized, other than a couple drinks in the lounge there though.

Where/when are you thinking of dinner with the MadMen group? We might join you :)
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Re: TUCSON B.E.A.T. - Friday Caravan

Postby azminiman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:54 pm

JPMINITUCSON wrote:ATTN: MADMEN:

To review our Friday caravan to PHX area. We plan to leave ERNIE's BRITISH CAR SERVICE at 9:30 AM. He opens at 9:00 AM, so plan accordingly.

Our drive will be up the Frontage Road to Casa Grande. Bob Swetzer will join the entourage in Red Rock along the Frontage Rd.

We will stop in Casa Grande at a nice park - like last year - and enjoy a picnic lunch. Please plan ahead and either bring something or pick up something BEFORE you get to Ernie's. There were not many choices on the way into Casa Grande.

After lunch we will proceed westward to Maricopa and then northward into the PHX area on 51st Ave. We'll take Northern to the east side of I-10 and the Best Western Hotel.

Anyone for dinner Friday night?

Let me know what you are going to do.. Ill meet up with ya
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:46 am

*yawns* - now i remember why our runs NEVER leave this early... hehe.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby danjmcs » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:38 pm

Just back from the 12th Annual B.E.A.T. tour... wow, great event again... absolutely gorgeous weather... was hard leaving Flagstaff late this morning at 65 degrees.

Mini count was I believe 15, 1 being a classic and of those 8-9 DMC Minis, didn't put together a hard count yet :) I'm pretty sure we recruited 2-3 new members of the other 6-7 non-DMC Minis :) As usual the DMC did well at the raffle on Sunday morning!

Pics to follow!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Next

Return to Club Events