Postby danjmcs » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:34 am

**EDIT ON**
For those going up on Weds morning and staying in Pagosa, meet at:

Starbucks
2501 W Happy Valley # 50-1200
Phoenix, AZ 85085
Map Link

Meet at 8:45AM Depart at 9AM!

That puts us into Pagosa around 6-7PM with stops, get settled, and go grab some dinner there :)

** EDIT OFF**

Sweet, we'll be there! :)

They've updated the main home page with tons more info, and that link to the registration page is on the left side.

http://www.minisinthemountains.com/

If your planning to attend, please post in this thread once your registered, as we will have at least one caravan of Minis making the trip, just like previous years!

Registration CLOSES July 31st!
Last edited by danjmcs on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby It Works » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:48 am

Kyle and I will be registering first thing in the morning. He'll probably be bringing a friend, and I'll be bringing the dogs Jenny & Jabooty this year. My friend/co-worker Kimberly is going to try to come with me this year as well - I'm going to have one packed Mini! Good thing Kyle has lots of room in his GP, hopefully he can take some of my overflow items!

Dan, do you know if the Pagosa Springs hotel allows dogs?
'06 MCS JCW, Aero, Bilstein PSS9's SB/S
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby danjmcs » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:04 am

It Works wrote:Kyle and I will be registering first thing in the morning. He'll probably be bringing a friend, and I'll be bringing the dogs Jenny & Jabooty this year. My friend/co-worker Kimberly is going to try to come with me this year as well - I'm going to have one packed Mini! Good thing Kyle has lots of room in his GP, hopefully he can take some of my overflow items!

Dan, do you know if the Pagosa Springs hotel allows dogs?

Sounds like a full/fun trip for sure!

The Holiday Inn Express we stayed in last year does not allow pets, nope.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/pgxco
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby It Works » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:23 am

I found a couple that allow pets that look like they are in the same price range as the Holiday Inn Express. If anyone else is bringing dogs, let me know and maybe we can coordinate to stay at the same hotel.

Best Western Oak Ridge Lodge - $$
158 Hot Springs Blvd, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
Hotel - 2 floors, 80 rooms - no elevator - AAA 2 Diamonds
Walk to the hot springs - a half-hour drive to Wolf Creek skiing
Free shuttle from 8 AM to 10 PM to Pagosa Airport
Heated indoor swimming pool - restaurant - lounge
Pet friendly hotel - click & read - allows pets up to 20 pounds - $15

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - $$
3821 Highway 160, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
Cheap, smoke-free motel - AAA 2 Diamonds
No swimming pool
Pet friendly hotel - click & read - $25 pet fee for 1st night - $10 fee for each night thereafter - updated Feb 2008
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby danjmcs » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:35 am

Very cool... all of those hotels are in the same general area, so it's not like we all have to stay at the same place anyway, whatever works for your passengers! hehe..

To clarify for those that haven't gone up for Minis in the Mountains with the DMC before, in past years, we've left on Wednesday morning, drove about 8 hours and stayed in Pagosa Springs that night, had a nice dinner somewhere, etc. Then the next morning we make the rest of the 3-4 hour drive into Copper Mountain Resort to begin the festivities! That way your not burnt out when you arrive and are ready to take on some local runs once you get all settled in.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby It Works » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:57 pm

I made my lodging reservations at Copper. They only had 2 "gold" condos that were pet friendly and they were already taken, so I had to downgrade to a "silver." The past 2 years, we've stayed in "gold" and were very pleased. I'm wondering how the "silver" condos are? Can anyone tell me?

Also, just an FYI - there is another group coming in after us so we can't stay past Sunday.
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby deemotored » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:52 pm

The silver rooms are cool. Not as bad as a garden room in Vegas. :lol: Not that I ever had any issue with those.
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby Carey934 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:50 am

Michelle and I are registering...

We're not going to take the same way home and are thinking of heading home through Albuquerque... maybe stop at Sandia MINI along the way... this will be our proposed route: (A and D are the start and stop, and D overlaps the letter A since they exist in the same place on the map, but you get the idea).

Carey934

Postby danjmcs » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:44 pm

All registered for the MITM Event, staying in Pagosa Springs on Weds night and driving up to MITM the rest of the way on Thursday :)
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby It Works » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:33 pm

Carey934 wrote:Michelle and I are registering...

We're not going to take the same way home and are thinking of heading home through Albuquerque... maybe stop at Sandia MINI along the way... this will be our proposed route: (A and D are the start and stop, and D overlaps the letter A since they exist in the same place on the map, but you get the idea).

Carey, you should consider going the Pagosa Springs route on the way up. You are going to miss some of most beautiful parts of Colorado if you don't. The Utah route is nice but in my opinion, doesn't hold a candle to Dan's route.
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:11 am

I might be flying in for this. Not sure yet. May need a pickup but I may rent a car to get there and then hitch with all my DMC friends.
YELLOWMINIAZ

Postby Carey934 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:11 am

It Works wrote:
Carey934 wrote:Michelle and I are registering...

Carey, you should consider going the Pagosa Springs route on the way up. You are going to miss some of most beautiful parts of Colorado if you don't. The Utah route is nice but in my opinion, doesn't hold a candle to Dan's route.

I figured we'd join a caravan on the way up. I just threw that into Google Maps to get a general idea of the route...
Carey934

Postby It Works » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:49 am

YELLOWMINIAZ wrote:I might be flying in for this. Not sure yet. May need a pickup but I may rent a car to get there and then hitch with all my DMC friends.

My daughter is thinking about going and she may drive her Charger. I'm sure she'd take on a passenger - her car is sooo confy.
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:52 am

Your so sweet but I really want to be in a MINI. There is a Colorado member, Shellbell that offered in Vegas and I just may be calling her on her offer. :wink:
YELLOWMINIAZ

Next

Return to Club Events