DMC - Adopt-A-Highway - Spring Cleanup - Sun Apr 27

Discuss upcoming and old DMC events

Postby SilverNewt » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:27 pm

I guess I'll take Dee's place, since she is working to be able to attend the dragon representing coopercards and all....
-Scott Michalak
c.623-694-4652
SilverNewt
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby th3118 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:34 pm

I will already be in Payson, so I will meet up with you guys at the Mavrick
gas station on the north end of Payson.
The rest stop at 188 is still closed, so I know many will need to stop.

Don't plan to get gas at the Baja Gas Station ( morning meet up place) if you can help it. Gas is 50 cents higher then anywhere else.

Also 87 goes down to one lane at Saguaro lake for new bridge (watch for cops) and also at Mt. Ore for landslide.
Todd

th3118

Postby danjmcs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:41 pm

th3118 wrote:I will already be in Payson, so I will meet up with you guys at the Mavrick gas station on the north end of Payson.
The rest stop at 188 is still closed, so I know many will need to stop.
Don't plan to get gas at the Baja Gas Station ( morning meet up place) if you can help it. Gas is 50 cents higher then anywhere else.
Also 87 goes down to one lane at Saguaro lake for new bridge (watch for cops) and also at Mt. Ore for landslide.

Sounds good Todd, we'll add that as the stop in Payson on the way up and met you there.

Maverik Country Store & Gas
715 N Beeline Hwy, Payson, AZ
Map Link
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

list REmoval

Postby minidad » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:22 am

minidad wrote::oops: :( I hate having to add to the "downer" section adding to the not attending group.
BUT< my hard earned cash goes towards my daughters professional horseback riding career...weekly lesson/coaching at a QC Stable and that weekend she is riding a competition at Westworld...Arabian Hunter/English is her focus and Western her second, So I will withdraw my eligibility for fun and frolic in the Mtns and DMC.... I need to be there and assisting in prep and handling of 6 horses..... :shock:

I will once again have to remove myself from participation... Seems that IF we do well SAT there will be a CHAMP event Sun :D In addition my Mom :shock: needs P/U @ airport that PM.....If I work it out I'll catch up to you all... Sorry
minidad
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:58 am

Who cares about that guy anyway!!!! :roll:
Just kidding man! I miss you!!!

Hey I can go now!!!
I just have to work ALL day Monday. ALL day. For me that is QUITE the challenge! :)
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby Chili Mini » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:51 pm

We have a scheduling conflict on the 27th. So while Barbara will be doing her thing in Chili Mini, I'll be attending the Payson Hiway cleanup event in our Swedish Maxi.
Warren
Chili Mini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:08 am

Pre-ran the route today, thanks to the back half of the BEAT trip covering the same basic route as we'll be doing next week. Everything looks great as is scheduled earlier in this thread. We took a good look at the area, and it looks to be in pretty clean condition already, so it shouldn't take us too long.

FYI, SR87 will be closed in both directions, from mile post 235.70, at SR 188 to mile post 200.0, 0.90 miles North of Bush Highway Saguaro Lake Rd from Tuesday, April 22 at 8:00 P.M. to Thursday morning April 24th at 6:00 A.M.

This should not have any impact on our event on Sunday. When we went through today, there was minimal delays, some slowing, but no more than a few minutes delay in both directions.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Louie B. » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:44 am

Temperatures still pretty cool up there I'm guessing?
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby scuzzlepook » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:31 pm

I was watching the temps go up, up, up as we were driving back home from The B.E.A.T. Through this area, it was still in the mid 60's, sunny, and clear. Should be awesome weather for us!
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
first love: IB/W 2004 MCS; Second love AB/AB 2007 JCW MCS
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby GOTCURVES » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:24 pm

Dan, Suzanne,

Justin Davenport (viper from autox) would love to join you in the drive and clean-up. Would any one object to having a Viper in the caravan? I'm going to e-mail him a link to this forum thread and details.
Life moves pretty fast....
Driving a MINI slows everything down but you!

05' MC Slvr/Blk, prem & sport pkgs.
GOTCURVES

Postby danjmcs » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:31 pm

i don't see why it would be a problem. Warren is driving his Volvo afterall, since Chili Mini is being used that day by Barbara... hehe.

We do need to be careful with the size of the group once we get up there though, so we don't have a big crowd of people causing a road hazard.

We'll spread out, and get through the area pretty quick im sure :)
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby harpo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:14 am

Clinton,
Justin is more than welcome as far as I'm concerned...He seems like a great guy with an "OK" car (just kidding!!!)......

Just an FYI..... I did call the Cafe and told them we'd have about 20-25 people coming in for lunch that day..... More than that and we might not all get fed!....It's a relatively small place....

Also... we won't have any equipment other than the bags and safety vests.... so everyone should be sure to bring a good pair of gloves! I'll bring a cooler with bottles of water...

See you guys on Sunday

Suzanne
"I've got designs on a moving violation.".( Tom Waits)
harpo

Postby DogWashMini » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:14 pm

I am sorry to say Don and I wont be able to make it. We just got a call for some last minute boarding dogs this weekend. Groomer already made plans to go camping. It's the price to pay when you own a business. :? I guess that means a couple more people can be fed! :D
Zippin thru the day!!!!
DogWashMini

Postby harpo » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:24 am

I'm sorry to hear you guys won't make it. :( .. I was looking foward to finally meeting you!

Suzanne
"I've got designs on a moving violation.".( Tom Waits)
harpo

Postby scuzzlepook » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:07 pm

Temps for Sunday, Apr 27th:

Sunny

Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
first love: IB/W 2004 MCS; Second love AB/AB 2007 JCW MCS
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Club Events