Do you own an iPod Touch?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 15

iPod Touch

Postby Luckiee's Son » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:09 am

Anybody here have one? If so, what are your likes and dislikes? Any secrets? I know AJ has one... :wink: :D Thanks!
Luckiee's Son

Postby on2wheels » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:32 am

My son has one. It's fun but 32GB is not enough capacity for me. I'll stick with the 120GB classic.
on2wheels
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:37 am

on2wheels wrote:My son has one. It's fun but 32GB is not enough capacity for me. I'll stick with the 120GB classic.

120GB? That's not big enough either... hehe... if i have to choose which of my tunes to travel with, its not big enough! I want the 1TB model, and then I MIGHT be happy... for awhile!

My biggest complaint with the iPod devices, and reason I will probably not own one is having to convert everything over to their own format/iTunes.

I have all of my CDs and music sitting/ripped in MP3 format on a music store/server on my network at home so I can stream my music anywhere I want via my SqueezeCenter server and/or sit in front of my TV and play it all through my TiVo. They are then easily copied to any CDs for playing in-dash in the Minis CD player, or for copying over to any other type of music playing device that plays MP3s.

Okay Dee, go ahead, say it... GEEK... hehe...
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby on2wheels » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:05 am

danjmcs wrote:They are then easily copied to any CDs for playing in-dash in the Minis CD player, or for copying over to any other type of music playing device that plays MP3s.

USB connection? You can always walk around with a pocket full of 64GB thumb drives...
on2wheels
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby minisaz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 pm

danjmcs wrote:
on2wheels wrote:My son has one. It's fun but 32GB is not enough capacity for me. I'll stick with the 120GB classic.

120GB? That's not big enough either... hehe... if i have to choose which of my tunes to travel with, its not big enough! I want the 1TB model, and then I MIGHT be happy... for awhile!

My biggest complaint with the iPod devices, and reason I will probably not own one is having to convert everything over to their own format/iTunes.

I have all of my CDs and music sitting/ripped in MP3 format on a music store/server on my network at home so I can stream my music anywhere I want via my SqueezeCenter server and/or sit in front of my TV and play it all through my TiVo. They are then easily copied to any CDs for playing in-dash in the Minis CD player, or for copying over to any other type of music playing device that plays MP3s.

Okay Dee, go ahead, say it... GEEK... hehe...

holy crap...how much music do you have. i have a 30GB and i am not even close to filling it up!!!
Tim
Cars built for small spaces...Go more places.
minisaz

Postby danjmcs » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:17 pm

minisaz wrote:holy crap...how much music do you have. i have a 30GB and i am not even close to filling it up!!!

I quit counting CDs at around 2,000... hehe... and when we painted the interior of the house, and boxed everything up, I used that as the time to "rip" all of my CDs onto my server as they went back on the CD rack so I don't have to go looking for a CD when I want to listen to it or want to make a mix/playlist for travel.

I have a bit of downloaded music, but not a lot. I think getting music piece meal, a track at at time, you lose something from the presentation of an album/CD, along with things like the liner notes and album/CD art. Call me old school... or just old... hehe... lots of the prog rock type bands i listen to release concept albums and such, so not something that you can either find online with a major download service... and I still like to support the band direct with album/CD sales when I can.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby jax archillies » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:28 am

ALL of my music on my itunes and iPod v5 video are MP3's
jax archillies

Postby Luckiee's Son » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:57 am

Dude, I only have 8GB and it's enough for me. :o :)
Luckiee's Son

Postby on2wheels » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:11 am

Luckiee's Son wrote:Dude, I only have 8GB and it's enough for me. :o :)

Yeah, 4505 songs and just nothing new to listen to... :D But now I've got some room to expand.
on2wheels
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby notmini » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:11 am

Iam surfing on one now. I love this toy. Got the 8gb for
The wife and I for christmas. The apps are fun too.

I drive a Mini but I am not mini

Your never too old to have a second childhood

If your goin through HELL keep going
notmini

Postby Luckiee's Son » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:27 am

notmini wrote:Iam surfing on one now. I love this toy. Got the 8gb for
The wife and I for christmas. The apps are fun too.

Yeah! Dude, I have about 5 or 6 pages of apps. It is AWESOME! It was my birthday present. :D It's cool cause now I can check these forums ANYWHERE! LOL It is VERY usefull and fun. :)
Luckiee's Son

Return to Miscellaneous