[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Dynamic MiNi Collective • View topic - Photo Enforcement Explained - How does it work?

Photo Enforcement Explained - How does it work?

Dedicated to unrelated topics...

Photo Enforcement Explained - How does it work?

Postby danjmcs » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:37 pm

Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby deemotored » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:49 am

deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby pepegrande008 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:09 am

Yeah... I Ate a big red candle
pepegrande008

Postby Louie B. » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:11 am

mobile units are required to post warning signs. they're usually put up on A-frames like construction signs are.
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby jax archillies » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:59 pm

yeah. if they cant serve you withjin 120 days youre in the clear if theres no sign.

however. i got an email from a DPS officer statign there will be signs for all 60+ of those new cameras......
jax archillies

Postby Gigi » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:52 pm

Just to add a few more things:

1. I read in Executive Staff Minutes at DPS this week that they plan to have a mobile unit stationed every 20 miles from Phoenix to the California State line on a near permanent basis.

2. The mobile units use a phased array radar, not the older slotted waveguide radars used by earlier mobile units in Mesa and other cities. The phased array radar allows the system to track multiple vehicles at the same time. The technology is based on the PAVEPAWS missile detection radar systems and the JSTARS platforms.....reinforcing the application of military research and development to civilian use. You can see the phased array radar mounted to the roof rack in the center back and center front of the vehicle (they can track vehicles in both directions for single lane roads). It is a very thin, flat black plate pointing at 22 degrees across the road. When DPS did the press release for the mobile units a year ago this month, I went out to talk to the vendors who had two units out there for display.....the technology was very interesting. In addition to stills, the vans have video also. The expandable mast that you see on them allows a real-time video and data microwave link back to DPS and the vendor to monitor traffic and the safety of the operator.

3. The Legislature mandated that DPS errect, at a minimum, two warning signs before every fixed based and mobile unit.
Gigi

Postby wearlaz » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 am

Well, the creators of this device say they invented it in order to protect car owner's privacy while at Car Shows (yea, right! You never know who's jotting down your license number while at the Pavillions!)

I can imagine there are a few other uses... :idea:

http://www.tricplate.com/
wearlaz

Postby Mrono » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:15 pm

Mrono

Postby Louie B. » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:26 am

Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby pepegrande008 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:00 pm

so i just passed the 1st mobile units this weekend, the signs for marking them are, i kid you not, 15-25 yds infront of the unit. It bs, one you see the sign it is allready too late. Also, both units I saw had a man in the front seat? Are they truely mobile if someone still as to man them?
Yeah... I Ate a big red candle
pepegrande008

Postby danjmcs » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:53 pm

Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Louie B. » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:17 am

Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby minisaz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Tim
Cars built for small spaces...Go more places.
minisaz

Postby danjmcs » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby azminiman » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:04 am

Side note: I was on my way home tonight around 7:15, N bound on 17 coming up on Deer Valley. I see police lights flashing up in the distance..as i approach, I see a Phoenix police car has someone pulled over. ( odd on the freeway ) and low and behold, he has pulled over one of the DPS mobile photo trucks... :lol: :lol: :lol: Classic... was quickly thinking of a place to turnaround at to get a picture.. but opted out, to not try to get introuble..
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Next

Return to Miscellaneous