Dumb question...new user

Dedicated to unrelated topics...

Dumb question...new user

Postby MINICDN » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:37 pm

I am relativley new to this posting/forum thing on the internet. Can someone direct me to some instructions on how one would attach a picture from my PC to a reply I may want to make to a post here? :?:

...I read lots...post very little and yes I am a computer guy :shock: but these "toy computers...PC's" are tools to get to the bigger ones that do all the real work and therefore outside of my real domain!

So after the laughter has died down :lol: could someone please have some sympathy for me and tell me the secret...

Thanks.
07 MCS AB/AB Hypersport Redwood Lounge Leather, JCW Stage 1, NM Springs, Sway Bar, Strut Brace
MINICDN
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wait... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
has the laughter died down yet?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
whew!
anyway, what was the question?
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby danjmcs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:33 pm

The first thing is you have to have the image you want to display on the forum, already stored/posted on a webserver somewhere. Your own website, our DMC gallery(which you need to request an account for if you want it), or other free services like www.photobucket.com or www.flickr.com.

Once you have the picture posted on the web, then its easy. Flickr and Photobucket both display the direct path to use on this type of forum when your viewing images posted on there sites, so you just copy/paste that path/url as shown below.

(Pasted from the phpBB Userguide)

Adding an image to a post
phpBB BBCode incorporates a tag for including images in your posts. Two very important things to remember when using this tag are: many users do not appreciate lots of images being shown in posts and secondly the image you display must already be available on the internet (it cannot exist only on your computer for example, unless you run a webserver!). To display an image you must surround the URL pointing to the image with [img][/img] tags. For example:

[img]http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif[/img]
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby MINICDN » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Dan, thanks for the help.....Dee keep on laughing.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I am going to enjoy finally meeting this group in person...we will see some of you Sunday for Ice Cream!! Later
07 MCS AB/AB Hypersport Redwood Lounge Leather, JCW Stage 1, NM Springs, Sway Bar, Strut Brace
MINICDN
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Gottoon » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:25 am

What happend to my Guides I posted about this??? I think I will have to repost...

Edit... I never finished that guide... I only did the DMS gallery guide...
Gottoon

Postby 66Cooper » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Gottoon wrote:What happend to my Guides I posted about this??? I think I will have to repost...

Edit... I never finished that guide... I only did the DMS gallery guide...

Yeah, what ever happened about those guides? :lol: We should have been all over you for not getting them posted. What good are they doing anybody half done on your computer and not posted? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby GOTCURVES » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:51 pm

Dan could I get an account so that I my upload my pics into it?
I have a few pictures and was wondering if there is a limit in the gallery file?
Life moves pretty fast....
Driving a MINI slows everything down but you!

05' MC Slvr/Blk, prem & sport pkgs.
GOTCURVES

Postby danjmcs » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:34 pm

GOTCURVES wrote:Dan could I get an account so that I my upload my pics into it?
I have a few pictures and was wondering if there is a limit in the gallery file?

Shoot a PM off to Admin1 and they can get you setup with an account on the club Gallery.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Return to Miscellaneous