Dedicated to unrelated topics...

Postby STELLA » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:02 pm

I think I must be technically Challanged. What is an Avatar and how do you connect to it to upload an image?
Lee & Jeanne

Mini - More Smiles to the Mile:)
STELLA

Postby deemotored » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Hey, just noticed this thread!
An avatar can be put on your profile by posting a URL from a photo hosting site like Photobucket.
I can give more instruction but I don't know your level of knowledge and don't want to offend. :)
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby deemotored » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:54 pm

deemotored wrote:Hey, just noticed this thread!
An avatar can be put on your profile by posting a URL from a photo hosting site like Photobucket.
I can give more instruction but I don't know your level of knowledge and don't want to offend. :)

That sounded bad. What I meant was I can go into more detail if you'd like, but you may not need it. So just click on profile up there and go way down to the bottom of that page and paste in a url and you will be good to go.

But first, it would be better if the picture was hosted by you and not just some guy on the intenet that you don't know. Otherwise it could disappear! So if you don't have a photobucket, go open one. It's free.
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby Admin1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:52 pm

Posting personal avatars and signature photos: You may link to an online photo by going into your "Profile" there is a place near the bottom of that page to type in the avatar.

Avatars should not exceed 180 pixels in width, and probably about that in height as well. Smaller is good.

Adding a Signature photo is similar in that you may enter the on each side of a photos url and that photo will appear in your signature line. This is also done in your profile.

We have requested in the past that photos and personal signature pictures not exceed about 680 pixels in width, 110 pixels or near is also a nice height limit for the signature photos. It would be great if everybody stays with that general guide line. It helps keep the forum uniform from page to page and should work on everybody's computer no matter what screen size or resolution they may be using.

Dee suggested places to host those photos, and we also have gallery space for club members to upload photos to a personal gallery. All you have to do is request one if you are a DMC member.

Thank you.
Thanks,
DMC Admin Team
Admin1
Site Admin

Postby minisaz » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:49 pm

We have requested in the past that photos and personal signature pictures not exceed about 680 pixels in width, 110 pixels or near is also a nice height limit for the signature photos. It would be great if everybody stays with that general guide line. It helps keep the forum uniform from page to page and should work on everybody's computer no matter what screen size or resolution they may be using.

DEE!!

Dee suggested places to host those photos, and we also have gallery space for club members to upload photos to a personal gallery. All you have to do is request one if you are a DMC member.
Thank you.

I use the photo galler myself. Works well. Then i dont have to remember another password
Tim
Cars built for small spaces...Go more places.
minisaz

Postby deemotored » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Hey, I made it smaller!
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby 66Cooper » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:38 pm

I just noticed the question actually asks what is an Avatar.. That is the picture under our forum names and membership avatar over on the left border of the forums posts. The membership/club officer avatar is something we are assigned, but we can put our own personal avatar under it.
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Return to Miscellaneous