[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Dynamic MiNi Collective • View topic - MINI Cooper Challenge - Interest???

MINI Cooper Challenge - Interest???

Discuss anything MiNi related!

MINI Cooper Challenge - Interest???

Postby bigcoyote » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:38 am

MINI Cooper Challenge - as a club we have an opportunity to help out a non-profit, motor sports based, Autism Spectrum Disorder Therapy foundation - the Driver X Academy with a possible fundraiser.

My questions is - do we have enough interest ?

Preliminary info: They are looking to raise money to buy additional equipment for the new Autistic program ( the first and so far only one of its kind we know of ). They would open up their race simulators to us and program them to run MINI Coopers - they would run a series of heats until we got down to the winners. I think they can run 2 or 3 at the same time on the same track. Depending on number of racers and the amount of the buy-in , there would be trophies and possibly some winnings for the overall winner.

They are trying to time this with the Logitech Simroom Challenge on August 17-18-19 , so if any dates work better for anyone let me know..

They are also looking for a target of 20-25 racers if possible?? with a low end of maybe 13-15 racers.

The target buy-in they are looking for is $100 , I think they are neg. on the amount if we are really interested and we have enough racers.

My son Kyle has been in their beginner motion simulator a few times and he loves it! It really is a great program and they are trying hard to keep the costs to the families that need the therapy down to minimum.

So, let me know if you are interested - it sounds like it would be a fun time!!

Past - 04 MCS - Whalen 8 ball, Dinan CAI, 15% pully, Unichip, B&B
Present - 11 Clubman - Short Shift, Whalen, Silencer Mod
"Man, your car is fast - 'cause you were hauling a$$ when I passed you!"
Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigcoyote/
bigcoyote
DMC Member
DMC Member

Re: MINI Cooper Challenge - Interest???

Postby danjmcs » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:07 am

Definitely seriously interested John.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby bigcoyote » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks Dan!! - Thought I would post it here also for those who don't do Facebook ;)

it really is a cool program - when Kyle and I were there they had girl that raced NASCAR in the advanced simulator - she was rockin it !!
bigcoyote
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby STF_U » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:38 pm

My wife and I would definitely be interested in doing this, not sure we could afford the $100 each price tag though :( even though i know it's for charity, let me know if the price goes down.
STF_U

Postby bigcoyote » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:10 pm

bigcoyote
DMC Member
DMC Member

Return to General Board