White or balck top?

Discuss anything MiNi related!

White or balck top?

Postby STF_U » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:02 am

Hi everyone, I have a Chili red base MINI with a white and and am considering changing it to black. But I can't seem to decided if I actually want to or not (no matter which color I do I will do bonnet strips to match).

Also, I was wondering if here in Phoenix if the black tops make the inside any hotter than the white tops, opinions or thoughts on this?

Thanks for all the info guys and gals!
STF_U

Postby STF_U » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:07 pm

No opinions from anyone huh? :(
STF_U

Postby bigcoyote » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:56 pm

I had an 04 S that was black on black with a sunroof. It did get warm inside. The difference between a white and black roof ???? the white roof "should" be cooler to the touch than a black roof in the summer - but if your looking for cooler interior temps them you may want to consider tinting your windows also ( in your last post I didn't see any tint ) - a good quality tint can help reduce interior temps.

Or there is the hillbilly way --- 50 pound blocks of dry ice stacked on your floorboards - they keep the interior cool - but the fumes can be a bit tricky...... :lol:
Past - 04 MCS - Whalen 8 ball, Dinan CAI, 15% pully, Unichip, B&B
Present - 11 Clubman - Short Shift, Whalen, Silencer Mod
"Man, your car is fast - 'cause you were hauling a$$ when I passed you!"
Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigcoyote/
bigcoyote
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby azdavis » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 pm

I guess for many, it just turns out to be a personal choice on roof color... I have always preferred black over the white, but that is me. Either way you go, you will notice more, if like John said, you tint your windows with a quality (ceramic or similar tint). You always have AC :)

Oh, and if you have a sun roof, I highly suggest a good tint on it also and keep the shade closed mid day!
azdavis

Postby Nemo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 pm

I use the Zippy Shade on my sunroof and it definately cuts down the heat that beats down on your interior.
Nemo
Nemo
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby 66Cooper » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Okay, I will chime in and give it a personal view point, and they are all personal when it comes to color.

On the red cars I really prefer the white roofs. I think they look happier.

In my case I have an 04 Electric Blue and I didn't like the white or the black roofs, so I ordered mine all body colored. The salesman tried to get me to pick a roof color because it was included in the packages I already ordered and said it will make your car stand out. I said if everybody is ordering black or white, then the body color roof WILL stand out. lol.

It is all about what YOU like. Have fun!
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Return to General Board