[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Dynamic MiNi Collective • View topic - New Mini owner in Phoenix here (and dedicated Autoxer)

New Mini owner in Phoenix here (and dedicated Autoxer)

Discuss anything MiNi related!

New Mini owner in Phoenix here (and dedicated Autoxer)

Postby STF_U » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi everyone, I have been using this site for a few weeks now to do a little research about my questions here and there so I thought I would start a thread to introduce myself. My name is Josh, I'm 28 years old and living in Phoenix, AZ. I bought a 2004 Cooper (sport package) about a month ago, and my wife and I love it so much we just went and go her an 03 (with a moonroof ) a few days ago!

As the title states I I love the sport of autocross (with the SCCA) and never miss an event here in Phoenix. I first started autocrossing several years ago in my daily driver of the time (a 1998 Honda Civic), after just a few events I did some research and decided to pick a 240sx to build in the STC class (I love the Street Touring classes). After several years and several trophies with that car pictured here:

But alas, as much fun as that car was I ready for something else. After testing out MANY different cars from friends on the autox course, there were only 2 that took my breath away, an M3 and a Mini. Since I wanted a car that would also be a DD and got great gas mileage, I went with the Mini no other car has ever put a big smile on my face every single time I drive it, especially on the autox course!

I got the car from a Mini fanatic friend, who bought it new in 2004, and has taken great care of it. My wife and I will be building her to the new STF class specs and also hope to take her to the nation tour events every spring in San Diego.

My name is Josh, and thanks for reading and allowing me to share! My wife and I are both excited to be on here and to finally be Mini owners!
STF_U

Postby Oldgamefreak » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Welcome!!! Glad to see ya made it over...
Oldgamefreak
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Nemo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Welcome & NICE Color choice!! :lol:
Nemo
Nemo
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby bigcoyote » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Welcome to the club!!! 8)
Past - 04 MCS - Whalen 8 ball, Dinan CAI, 15% pully, Unichip, B&B
Present - 11 Clubman - Short Shift, Whalen, Silencer Mod
"Man, your car is fast - 'cause you were hauling a$$ when I passed you!"
Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigcoyote/
bigcoyote
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby 66Cooper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums!
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby STF_U » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:57 am

Thank you for all the warm welcomes everyone! My wife and I were happy to meet a few of you at the Mini dealership in Tempe last Sunday, we had a great time and hope to come out to more meets in the future :)
STF_U

Postby Oldgamefreak » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Oldgamefreak
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby azdavis » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Welcome to world of MINIs!
azdavis

Postby phxsteele » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 pm

phxsteele

Postby STF_U » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:21 am

STF_U