[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Dynamic MiNi Collective • View topic - AZ 12 going to MITM in August

AZ 12 going to MITM in August

Discuss anything MiNi related!

AZ 12 going to MITM in August

Postby dizzyspots » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:16 pm

So, the body count over at NAM shows eight(8) going from AZ...NOW shows 12!! we found 5...who else is going??
I count the following so far:

Tues
1) joe_bfstpfk

early Wed
2) dizzyspots
3) oldfart42
4) JCWJeff
5)SilverNewt
6) Chili Pepper

Thurs
7. driverphil

tbd?
8).Dragonflyer

anybody else going?
Departure date?
Last edited by dizzyspots on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
dizzyspots
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby driverphil » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:52 pm

We haven't yet figured out when or by what route we are taking!
exactly & approximately
driverphil
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby joe_bfstplk » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:25 am

I'm going. Leaving Tuesday to get there Wednesday afternoon sometime.

A few routes I have played with in Google Maps:

I might tweak a new route or two for consideration as the event approaches....

Like , the route I finally decided on....

HTH!

C ya,
Dutch
Last edited by joe_bfstplk on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joe_bfstplk
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby dizzyspots » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:32 pm

dizzyspots
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby oldfart42 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:24 pm

oldfart42
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby dizzyspots » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:02 pm

bump who else is going? MITM shows 12 from AZ?
dizzyspots
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby driverphil » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:38 pm

It appears that we will motor in on Thursday.

Planning on chile cheeseburgers in Hatch & Santa Fe too.

Hatch

Santa Fe

Hatch
exactly & approximately
driverphil
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby dizzyspots » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:37 pm

dizzyspots
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby driverphil » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Thursday is our day to arrive at MITM.

Taking a scenic route via Leadville for lunch at the Golden Burro.
exactly & approximately
driverphil
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby ThumperMCS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:17 am

Is it absolutely necessary to register with them to show up??

I planned on going up there, but didn't register. Don't see why I can't just show up for a day....
New: 2006 R53 MINI Cooper S JCW GP --GP#1599
Old: 2008 R56 MINI Cooper S--Astro Black/White
Old: 2005 MINI Cooper S--Dark Silver/White
ThumperMCS

Postby Todd TCE » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:22 pm

FWIW. coming from someone who has traveled back and forth for racing in CO the past 12 years...

Your QUICKEST route (not shown) will be through Kayenta, Banning, Bluff etc in Utah and Moab then picking up 70 east. From here pulling a trailer it's a 9-9.5hr trip to Grand Junction. (from Tempe)

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=TCE+P ... ,5,6,7&z=9

Consider the cut off at MOAB to the right that follows the CO River it's a great drive and meets up with 70 again to the NE. (a bit unlabled but you can find your way and see the highway)

For a longer and more scenic route I strongly urge you to consider Holbrook, to Gallup, to Farmington, over to Chama and north from there. The drive in norther NM is very nice and the Chama area is beautiful. (be sure to eat at the High Country in Chama and check out the train) this dive (from my shop w/trailer) can be done in 8hrs making Chama an exceptional place for food and the night. Keep driving? Ok, make it to Buena Vista or go all the way.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=TCE+P ... ia=1,2&z=8[/code]

Be sure to use the cut off here: ZOOM IN and look for the road NAVAHO 36 at the billboards just before you get to Shiprock. If not...you'll lose an hour in Shiprock. ***The above link does not show N36, it has you going through Shiprock, avoid this if possible!

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Gallu ... via=1&z=10

Of the above listed my thoughts:
2 is nice and you can find/use the N36 cut off to your benefit also. Beware that Wolfcreek pass tends to have heavy tourist traffic and construction nearly every summer.

5 is also very nice but expect delays in and around Durango as well as slow going over 550. Limited (safe) passing and tourists again. A great drive however if you've never been. Spend the night in Ouray at the old hotel just off the main drag- big white place. Get the front room with the bath tub in the middle of the floor! (forget name, no pets either)

All that four corners stuff doesn't do it for me, not a lot to see in the middle of nowhere. Some of the offshoots once into CO are nice too but 6 for example is way long!!

I feel like a tour guide but I really have been many ways here!
Todd TCE

Postby SilverNewt » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks Todd, I think I will use your shortest route (with the CO river part).

I will probably be leaving Wednesday morning, hoping to be in GJ between 4-6PM

It looks like everyone is heading out on their own schedule and pace, I hope you all have a safe, uneventful trip. I will see you all up there!

-Scott
623-694-4652
SilverNewt
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby JCWJeff » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:50 am

Leaving Wed AM. Taking the Utah route as Google says that's quickest and for the trip up I just want to get there in the shortest amount of time as I am meeting up with family that night and will be doing AutoX in the am.
JCWJeff

Return to General Board