A New Family Member!

Discuss anything MiNi related!

A New Family Member!

Postby Pete Immel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:32 pm

When the bug bit, it bit hard. We brought home a new "baby" last week. It was a short gestation period, it came out all ready to roar and it has run its first autocross event. Pepper White Cooper S JCW(dealer installed) and those skippy, hard runflats. What a blast to drive. It's nice to be back to a manual. What mod to do first I wonder?????
Pete
Pete Immel
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Oldgamefreak » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Congrats on the "NEW ADDITION" :lol:
Oldgamefreak
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Louie B. » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:41 pm

:thumbs-up:
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby phxsteele » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:22 pm

First mod is to work on the loose nut behind the wheel :lol: . It was great running with you yesterday, but please dont ever practice. If you do you will be kicking my butt in no time.
phxsteele

Re: A New Family Member!

Postby danjmcs » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Pete Immel wrote:When the bug bit, it bit hard. We brought home a new "baby" last week. It was a short gestation period, it came out all ready to roar and it has run its first autocross event. Pepper White Cooper S JCW(dealer installed) and those skippy, hard runflats. What a blast to drive. It's nice to be back to a manual. What mod to do first I wonder?????
Pete

Awesome Pete! I saw your vehicle description on the AZSolo results yesterday of the JCW! Grats! Hope you dont mind replacing tires with that extra torque and horsepower and right foot throttle addiction! heh.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Pete Immel » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:55 am

Hey Dan, I'm already looking for tires and wheels. The runflats were skipping in the corners. In the Just a Cooper I could do some very smooth slaloms-Not even close on these tires. But oh my what a blast to drive. And Chris, I've got a long way to go to catch you. Autocross in Taylor is coming up. Anyone done that one?
Pete Immel
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Louie B. » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:15 am

Why did you not just switch wheels/tires with the Cooper for the weekend?
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:14 am

Louie B. wrote:Why did you not just switch wheels/tires with the Cooper for the weekend?

Likely wont fit over the JCW brakes if they aren't the right 17" wheels or bigger... I think all the 18" wheels fit over the front calipers, but i dont think all the 17" OEM Mini wheels will fit.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby deemotored » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Congrats Pete and Renee!
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby phxsteele » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:02 pm

danjmcs wrote:
Louie B. wrote:Why did you not just switch wheels/tires with the Cooper for the weekend?

Likely wont fit over the JCW brakes if they aren't the right 17" wheels or bigger... I think all the 18" wheels fit over the front calipers, but i dont think all the 17" OEM Mini wheels will fit.

He has the standard MCS brakes not the JCW bbk. So any 16 or 17 will fit. Some 15's will squeeze on too.
phxsteele

Postby AZblackOUT » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:58 am

Congrats! Glad you made the decision... I think I was the one talking to you on the Sunday showing you the in's and out's of the JCW. Glad you went through with it!
AZblackOUT

Return to General Board