[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Dynamic MiNi Collective • View topic - The start to MY weekend.

The start to MY weekend.

Discuss anything MiNi related!

The start to MY weekend.

Postby Oldgamefreak » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:40 am

Was just about home this evening and noticed a puff of white smoke behind my car. The back window hazed over and I knew something was wrong. I was only two blocks from home so I made it into the drive and the car REEEEEKED of antifreeze. The plastic hose adapter that the overflow bottle hooks to, broke. I love tearing half the engine bay apart to fix a piece of plastic :roll:

If I had a CAI yet it would be a great time to install it. I already have all the parts out.
Oldgamefreak
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:35 am

Yuck, that sucks... i replaced the overflow bottle and hoses on our 05, thankfully on my terms, at around 90k miles i guess... no fun when its all over the place for sure...
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Chili Mini » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:40 am

Chili Mini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:33 am

Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Oldgamefreak » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Oldgamefreak
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:18 pm

[quote="Oldgamefreak"]I had mine changed with a BUNCH of other work i had done, after I bought the car. I was going to go with the metal one but I
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby EuroTechs » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Metals ones are pretty but one down side is they have a vent instead of a venting cap. The vent serves the same purpose as the venting cap but most track inspections require vents to have catch cans. So then your stuck making an overflow for your overflow. Not a huge deal but adds to the cost of the conversion.
EuroTechs

Postby AZblackOUT » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:55 am

I had this happen to me... both the plastic fittings thats the overflow tank go to blew up and dumped all my coolant. First time it was salvageable as I caught it quick enough and was able to make one on the fly to get back home... 2nd time I was not so lucky and blew my head as a result :cry:
AZblackOUT

Postby AZblackOUT » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:57 am

If you guys are seeing high coolant temps, even over 200 while just cruising and have 8o+k miles, I would suggest you take a stern look at your Water Pump as its operating, but not to par. I just replaced mine and whoa! what a difference. This would be the perfect time to re-oil/service your supercharger to extend it's lifespan past 100k.
AZblackOUT

Return to General Board