[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Dynamic MiNi Collective • View topic - No more auto-trans fluid changes with Inspection 1?

No more auto-trans fluid changes with Inspection 1?

Discuss anything MiNi related!

No more auto-trans fluid changes with Inspection 1?

Postby Gigi » Tue May 24, 2011 10:01 pm

I copied this from a reply I made to another post of mine, but thought it might get lost if it didn't get its own post title.

I just had my MINI serviced last week (the odo now reads about 39,000)--(as a side note all I got with my free 3yr/36K maintenance plan was one free oil change)

The MiniMania and Mini Tempe Service website articles both say the Inspection 1 and Inspection 2 services say to change the automatic transmission fluid; but it references the CVT. I don't have the CVT auto-trans....I have the auto-trans that came after that.

On my Inspection 1, the transmission fluid change was not done. I was advised that its not part of the service at Mini Tempe. My payment invoice also indicates that the automatic transmission fluid change was not completed; the invoice has line items for all parts which lists the engine oil and filter but no mention of tranmssion service related items. After tax cost was slightly over $300.

Does anyone know when they stopped doing the transmission fluid changes as part of the Inspections? Should they have done the auto-trans fluid change??
Malina
Apache Junction
2008 Sparkling Silver "S" Convertible
Gigi

Postby EuroTechs » Wed May 25, 2011 12:52 am

The 6-speed automatics are filled for life according to MINI. Most modern cars equipped with non CVT transmission are filled for life. Something to do with the way the CVT operates requires fluid to be changed regularly (30-50k depending on manufacture). Most modern day automatics have been filled for life since the late 90's. Some customer still chose to have them serviced but its not recommended by the manufacture.

So the Inspection 1 service have been reduced to oil change with micro filter, wiper inserts. Inspection 2 adds air filter, spark plugs and drive belt depending on model. Brake fluid is separately recommended at 2 years and coolant replacement at 4 years but not included in Inspections 1 or 2.

The CVT was phased out with the R50 and R52 Cooper models. They were never fitted to S models as they could not handle the extra power.
EuroTechs

Postby danjmcs » Wed May 25, 2011 7:23 am

Yep, very common among most manufacturers on automatics these days. I know a buddy of mine was surprised to find this out on his Lexus, but also the same with them. They aren't even serviceable on most automatics these days as the fill points are often between the body and the case of the transmission, even if the drain is accessible.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Gigi » Wed May 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Ok, that's good to know!! I had no idea that they are "filled for life" now.

Thanks for the info!
Malina
Apache Junction
2008 Sparkling Silver "S" Convertible
Gigi

Postby Louie B. » Wed May 25, 2011 8:50 pm

"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby EuroTechs » Thu May 26, 2011 3:27 pm

EuroTechs

Postby perrin » Thu May 26, 2011 11:49 pm

Volvo C30 BB RD Stock so very stock and staying that way!! Wait........

had.....:( '05 MCSa HB/B all 4 packages, anthracite trim, H/K sound, Aero Kit, Pulley and intake.
perrin

Postby danjmcs » Thu May 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Return to General Board