NEW Skulmni hits curves!!

Discuss anything MiNi related!

NEW Skulmni hits curves!!

Postby minidad » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:36 am

8) :twisted: The new Mini has hit 2000mi mark, so fully broken in per the manual and I decided it was time
....Time for what you may ask.... Time to see just what lies in wait for me as far as "carving" corners....and others who may chose to chase/follow me :twisted: :roll: ...
I headed out Sunday morning to my own little proving grounds..
Tortilla Flats.. I have ran that road so much in cars and on the Ducati that I know it well enough to push a virgin car to the edge..
right off the first series of uphill corners where you enter the 25mph zone the car felt so neutral and solid, really nice I thought..with the benefit of the new Michelins and the cars own feel..it was rare to get even a wiggle off the rear end let alone a slide..front push was barely there, and yes that was at speed. By the time I came down from the top I was throwing it into corners sport shifted 2 taps down into 3rd and nailing the gas, a bit of rear wiggle under hard braking at entries...wow fun....and starting to feel like an F1 driver...with the auto, to bad its not paddle shifters..
those of you that thought this car would be slower..yes a few of you felt the need to point that out....well you will only notice my straight line speed being slower...so after you passed me going straight....try not to get in the way in the curves :lol: :lol:
Now I need to work on the exhaust so I can hear the thing running :shock:
minidad
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:56 am

Sweet!
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby minidad » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:05 am

deemotored wrote:Sweet!

:lol: 8) :shock: :P :D :D :D Hellya

and its still stock
minidad
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Was thinking of taking Larry over by there this weekend. He's driving his new non-S down. He just got wheels, springs and a CAI so he is ready to take it on the road!
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby minidad » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:00 am

dont spin in front of him..... :lol:
I saw his car @ MOT lasttime...before Mods of course..
if only I had money to throw at mine...............................
minidad
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:01 am

I figured the smaller size would make up for the length of the old wagon ;)
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby minidad » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Your right dan...Im sure thats part of it...didnt think there was that much weight difference between models either..but those 2 things must be the main difference..I can also say that the 2010 cooper stock definetly
feels more confident then the 2009 Club in stock form. I am very happy
with the performance and this first "real" drive of this little guy. If I ever have any extra money to do some Mods..it will easily be better then the Club..
minidad
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Yeah, its around 250 LBs difference in weight, Clubman S to Cooper, varies a little since you also went from manual to automatic, since the auto is a bit heavier. But for sure your about 10% lighter, 200-300 LBs, not to mention a bit quicker turn-in with the shorter wheel-base.

Glad your having fun with it!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Return to General Board