Who bought the only WC50 at Mini Scottsdale-sold yesterday?

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Who bought the only WC50 at Mini Scottsdale-sold yesterday?

Postby maxg765 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Hello All,

I got an email yesterday that they have just sold the only one 2010 WC50 they had received? Is it anyone on this forum that bought it? If not I hope they find their way here and we inherit a new member. I would expect that anyone shelling out the $40K net ($43K after the dealer added their extras such as tint and clear bra) would have to be an enthusiast.

Guess this makes my decision to keep my 2009 JCW a whole lot easier (and cheaper).

Anyways just curious.

Best regards,

Max
Regards

Max

2009 Factory JCW R56, Midnight Black/Black Roof, Aerodynamic Factory kit, Black Punch Leather Interior, Piano Black, Xenon, JCW Sport Suspension Upgrade, Clear Turn Signals, Rear Fogs, Arm Rest, Bluetooth/iPod USB
maxg765

Postby danjmcs » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:03 am

Interesting! Would definitely like to see that one. Last I'd heard they weren't going to get one, that they had all been spoken for, so if they did, hopefully it is staying in AZ!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby maxg765 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:49 pm

danjmcs wrote:Interesting! Would definitely like to see that one. Last I'd heard they weren't going to get one, that they had all been spoken for, so if they did, hopefully it is staying in AZ!

Hi Dan,

They are certainly not all spoken for. The one they had was offered to me and they have had it in stock unsold for at least 3 weeks if not 4. Not all dealers got one and there still may be more out there that are available. If you want one I am sure you could find one. Mini Scottsdale is trying to source another. I have pictures of it that they emailed to me when they were prepping it that I will try and find and post later today.

I was considering it in place of my 2009 JCW but a) I got attached to mine and after learning that there are really no mechanical updates from mine to that one, having a unique colour did not seem to be worth the $18K extra in addition to my mini. All I would have gained was an internal GSP unit and beautiful green but lost a sunroof and all that cash. I could put that cash into my mini and make it....Plus i had not seen it live and don't even know if I love the colour yet (sure I would have but...)

The love for my JCW grows each day.

Best regards

Max
Regards

Max

2009 Factory JCW R56, Midnight Black/Black Roof, Aerodynamic Factory kit, Black Punch Leather Interior, Piano Black, Xenon, JCW Sport Suspension Upgrade, Clear Turn Signals, Rear Fogs, Arm Rest, Bluetooth/iPod USB
maxg765

Postby danjmcs » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 pm

I have no interest in one really, other than i like the color.

My biggest complaint with the WC50 is this is supposed to be a special model paying homage to the Cooper winning the F1 Championship and its nothing more than a blinged out JCW.

To me this should have been something along the lines of a JCW GP, R56 style or closer to a street legal Mini Challenge car.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby maxg765 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:39 pm

danjmcs wrote:I have no interest in one really, other than i like the color.

My biggest complaint with the WC50 is this is supposed to be a special model paying homage to the Cooper winning the F1 Championship and its nothing more than a blinged out JCW.

To me this should have been something along the lines of a JCW GP, R56 style or closer to a street legal Mini Challenge car.

I have to agree. It is not poorly priced as a topped out JCW minus the dual sunroof option. If you add all itbhas to a standard JCW you'll end up well past it's 39800$ price before del and prep but yes it should have been something more unique to it like the GP was.

Max
Regards

Max

maxg765

Postby Louie B. » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:41 am

If all you like about it is the color, I heard that's going to be a color option for all the MINIs next year. :?
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby maxg765 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:00 am

Louie B. wrote:If all you like about it is the color, I heard that's going to be a color option for all the MINIs next year. :?

Hi Louie

I heard there will be a revised BRG called BRGIndnd it will still be metalic but less than the current one. but the Canaught Green will remain unique to the WC50. Again, this is what I've heard and read but I'm no experrt and not sure if it's fact.

Yes the colour is all I really like as all the rest that's on the car I could add to my current JCW for alot less than 18K. All I'm really missing is the carbon fiber bits, have my wheels painted black, and swap my head lights for the black ones. Factory GPS aside.

Best regards.

Max
Regards

Max

maxg765

Return to General Board