Need opinion

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Need opinion

Postby phxsteele » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Copied and pasted from azsolo.com forum.

"I have a friend who is looking at buying a used Mini. Here's the craigslist ad: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1771372645.html

I'm not an expert in Mini's, so I'm not sure what to look for in a used car. Are there any issues that Mini's tend to have that she should be on the lookout for?

Thanks a bunch!"

I dont know much about r53s so I told them I would post over here. You can reply here or on azsolo.com.

THANKS.[/url]
phxsteele

Postby deemotored » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Shock towers.
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby jmnicol » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:08 pm

I've seen this ad - this car was for sale when I was looking around (and bought) my current MINI in January. Being on the market for so long doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with it, but ALWAYS get a pre-purchase inspection before you buy. I got mine done at Bavarian Motors in PHX.

I've heard that the CVT Automatic transmissions had intermittent problems in the earlier models, but this one is manual, so that's fine.

- Jon
jmnicol

Postby phxsteele » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:58 pm

It appears the girl that was interested in it took it for a test drive and loved it. They then told her the price on CL was wrong so she told them to fly a kite.
phxsteele

Postby jmnicol » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:31 pm

wow, weak...

I would still recommend CL to anybody looking for a MINI, you just have to not be in a rush. I love mine... :D
jmnicol

Postby danjmcs » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:53 pm

jmnicol wrote:I would still recommend CL to anybody looking for a MINI, you just have to not be in a rush. I love mine... :D

Yep, like any of the online services or used dealers, just gotta do your research. There are some smokin' good deals out there if you know what your looking for and can be patient about the hunt.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Return to General Board