Day trip for a tune..

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Day trip for a tune..

Postby AZblackOUT » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:50 am

Hey guys, Saturday I will be making a day trip to LA for a tune. Ill be meeting some cars out there, but thought I'd post it here so I don't hear.. "aww why didn't you let me know.." and "I wish you would have told ME..."

Anyways, I am headed down to ABF/Myne's Shop in Lake Forest, CA. Its just outside LA. There will be people there Friday and Ill most likely head out Saturday morning. Any and all MINIs are welcome. Cost of the Tune is $350 plus Dyno. This would be the optimal time to have all the mods you have done fine tuned, and you can even see enhanced gas mileage.. especially you R56's. If you would like more info on what they offer, or are just plain down for a fun drive out to LA for the weekend.. (or day like me) give me a call (908)907-3570.
AZblackOUT

Postby Louie B. » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:43 pm

Didn't like how easily I was keeping up with you on Sunday so you're gonna go get tuned? :P

This is definately on my list of things to do but I need to get my LCA bushings replaced first! Plus Vegas pretty much broke the budget. :shock:
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby MINImama » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:54 pm

Yep, after that drive home on Sunday, this is definitely something I'd like to do in the future, with a bit more time to plan. Need to get the exhaust installed, and get the budget back in order first. :D
MINImama
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby perrin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:45 pm

If I wasn't going to be in San Diego, I'll think about it. :wink:
Volvo C30 BB RD Stock so very stock and staying that way!! Wait........

had.....:( '05 MCSa HB/B all 4 packages, anthracite trim, H/K sound, Aero Kit, Pulley and intake.
perrin

Postby AZblackOUT » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:59 pm

Louie B. wrote:Didn't like how easily I was keeping up with you on Sunday so you're gonna go get tuned? :P

This is definately on my list of things to do but I need to get my LCA bushings replaced first! Plus Vegas pretty much broke the budget. :shock:

Ahhh the advantages of being light... I someday will lighten up, but for now, just enjoy the train horns and the cute girl sitting shotgun.. and the 50lbs each wheels :shock:

You could always do the LCA there :lol: and have em tune it right after! But for you Louie, Id suggest getting the 550cc injectors at the same time and just doing it right one time. this way you'll see improved gas mileage and wont ever have to worry about starving your motor for gas. Plus, these guys buy 550's in such quantity (because they work!) that they offer them cheaper than the 400's and 440's... go find another size injector, even the 380's for cheaper than 300 bucks a set.
AZblackOUT

Postby Louie B. » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:13 pm

AZblackOUT wrote:Ahhh the advantages of being light... I someday will lighten up, but for now, just enjoy the train horns and the cute girl sitting shotgun.. and the 50lbs each wheels :shock:

Ok, I'll give you the wheels, but I'm pretty confident that I weigh a fair amount more than you and your girl put together! :roll: Your horns and stereo equipment Balances with my ton of dynamat and my stereo equ. and I'd say your sunroof should be offset by your CF Hood and hatch. It would be interesting to get both cars on the scales and see.

But yeah, rolling mass definately makes a bigger difference than static mass.
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Return to General Board