Mini of Tempe Grand Opening - March 27-28

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Mini of Tempe Grand Opening - March 27-28

Postby danjmcs » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:12 pm

I've been communicating with some of the new staff at Mini of Tempe and was told that the Grand Opening weekend will be on March 27th to 28th.
http://www.minioftempe.com/

They are supposed to be open for business this coming Monday, March 8th, but still have operational things to get in place and such. They are beginning to schedule service appointments, so if you have one coming due mid-end of March, you can probably be safe to get it scheduled there, if its more convenient than MNS.

Because AMVIV falls on that same official Grand Opening weekend, a good chunk of us are going to be in Vegas, but hopefully we'll still get a good group of club members to get by the dealer that weekend. They also mentioned that they would do a special event for the club in the future, because of the conflict with AMVIV.

We've been offered the option to use their new facilities for start points for runs/events, conference rooms for meetings, setup possible tech sessions for service, etc. So far some really great dialogue in establishing a good working relationship with the new dealer in town.

One of the new Motoring Advisors, Donald Hull, is a long time member of the NorCal Mini club and has relocated to Phoenix and is looking forward to meeting with his new valley Mini club! So please drop by when you have a chance and say hello!
Last edited by danjmcs on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby R50 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:45 am

And remember, money spent in Tempe is socially responsible and maintains a low carbon footprint.
Duff is the stuff!

Dan
R50
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby danjmcs » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:52 am

An update from todays trip to Mini of Tempe. Scott, Louie and I made a trip over to the as yet to open new dealer in town. We took a look around the premises and they are definitely VERY close. Furniture looks to be all inside, phones, computers, etc. Exterior still has some signs to go up and such but all the concrete is poured, driveways formed, some landscaping in place.

While we were standing outside a few cars pulled up in front of us and two gentlemen gave us a waive and proceeded toward the building, taking a look around pretty much just like we had done. They looked official, so we assumed maybe some management checking on the progress.

After a few minutes they came over and introduced themselves and turns out we were lucky enough to meet the new General Manager and Sales Manager. We had a nice conversation and explained the club a bit and they seemed enthusiastic to see interest before they even open!

On that point, they expect to start to receive inventory THIS Thursday and hope to be open for business by this coming weekend. The Grand Opening is still scheduled for the weekend of the 26th-28th. So for those of you unable to attend AMVIV, please try to drop by and say hello that weekend!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Gigi » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:48 pm

I checked their service schedule on their website and I did not see any selections to request a rental car or a loaner car. I hope they have this, otherwise I'll have to keep going to MNS.
Malina
Apache Junction
2008 Sparkling Silver "S" Convertible
Gigi

Postby danjmcs » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:26 pm

I received an email update from Don this morning on the new dealership opening. They are unofficially/officially in the building today/Thursday and open for business and they should have an inventory of Minis starting to arrive on the lot today.

Service is working hard to be up and running next week and I inquired about the car rental/loaner question to him and should have an answer back on that shortly.

Don said he would be happy to give anyone a tour of the facility if they want to drop by.

He also wanted to pass along that they are going to have a band, free food and drinks, a car show and giveaways during the Grand Opening Weekend from March 27th and 28th.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby It Works » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:32 pm

There is an article in today's AZ Republic business section about the Tempe location.
'06 MCS JCW, Aero, Bilstein PSS9's SB/S
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby danjmcs » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:35 pm

It Works wrote:There is an article in today's AZ Republic business section about the Tempe location.

Yep, on AZCentral too :)
http://www.azcentral.com/community/temp ... i0311.html
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby danjmcs » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Gigi wrote:I checked their service schedule on their website and I did not see any selections to request a rental car or a loaner car. I hope they have this, otherwise I'll have to keep going to MNS.

Donald confirmed back to me that they will have loaners and that Earl, the Service Manager will have complete informaton on those next week when they get ready for business.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Gigi » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:10 pm

Excellent on the loaners....I just checked back and it appears that they have updated the website. There is now a checkbox for alternate transportation.
Malina
Apache Junction
2008 Sparkling Silver "S" Convertible
Gigi

Postby th3118 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Seems like a nice place. Had live band, food and free t-shirts. They have a large window into the service bay so you can watch them work on your baby.Taking mine in for service this Wednesday.
Todd

th3118

Postby danjmcs » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:11 am

th3118 wrote:Seems like a nice place. Had live band, food and free t-shirts. They have a large window into the service bay so you can watch them work on your baby.Taking mine in for service this Wednesday.

Yep, had mine in last Monday for its first scheduled service, really like the open feel of the place for sure.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby R50 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Just seems like there's always something special about shopping in Tempe, eh?
Duff is the stuff!

Dan
R50
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby minimize » Tue May 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Just took my car in for service there, and it was nicceeee. I really enjoyed watching my car being worked on. The people are nice as well. It was hard for me not to buy even more MINI merchandise. Overall, the place looks great.
~*Courtney*~
05' MCS

minimize

Return to General Board