Wanting to purchase a MINI soon

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Wanting to purchase a MINI soon

Postby azphotomac » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:23 am

I recently attended a car show at The Pavilions shopping center and spoke with several members about MINI's. I'm thinking seriously of purchasing a MINI and would like to "pick someone's brain" ASAP about the car and where to purchase. I visited Lesueur Car Company in Sottsdale today and would like to know what their reputation is? Missed an 08 Cooper S at Scottsdale dealership, looked like a nice one.

Thanks

Hugh

Hey, I'm not looking anymore as I purchased a Laser Blue Cooper S yesterday and went on a great drive today with a wonderful group of people.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by azphotomac on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
azphotomac

Postby jmnicol » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Hugh,

Great to hear about another potential MINI owner. Are you looking to buy new or used? For a new MINI, I have only heard of Scottsdale MINI. I think your choices open up when you look for a used one, though. Craiglist, Autotrader, and various dealers will have decent selections, and lower prices.

I myself just got a 2005 MCS w/39k.mi off of Craiglist early this month and haven't looked back. Granted, in some cases you sacrifice warranties, etc., but get the car inspected by a BMW/MINI garage and get the CARFAX. On the other hand, I saw many MINIs on CL that were still under warranty, so you never know.

If you are patient, and willing to do some research about what used MINIs are selling for, you will come across some great deals.

Cheers,

Jon
jmnicol

Postby azminiman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Lesueur Car Company is usually priced high, and not the best cars.. But I havent look at them much since my wholesale days..

One of the DMC members is selling a 08 CR/W MCS. I believe it is on craigslist. Nice car, well taken care of
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby azphotomac » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:17 am

azminiman wrote:Lesueur Car Company is usually priced high, and not the best cars.. But I havent look at them much since my wholesale days..

One of the DMC members is selling a 08 CR/W MCS. I believe it is on craigslist. Nice car, well taken care of

I did some research on one car that LeSueur has, black "S" I was interested in and found that it was originally sold at the Albuquerque dealership and now available here in Phoenix with less than 7000 miles on it. It just gives me an uneasy feeling.
azphotomac

Postby AZMINIS » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:22 pm

I would stay away from Lesueur Car Company. They really specialize in VW's, and have a reputation of buying warrenty repaired cars from new car dealers ( lemons ), and then reselling them as low mileage trades. :shock:
" I know officer, License and Registration "

AZMINIS

Postby azphotomac » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:27 pm

AZMINIS wrote:I would stay away from Lesueur Car Company. They really specialize in VW's, and have a reputation of buying warrenty repaired cars from new car dealers ( lemons ), and then reselling them as low mileage trades. :shock:

Definitely getting that impression... Thinking I should just order one the way I want it. Found one on Craigslist last evening that looks interesting... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/1561830617.html

The owner sent me a bunch of photos this morning.
azphotomac

Re: Wanting to purchase a MINI soon

Postby wearlaz » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:26 am

I actually looked at several MINIs at Lesueur before deciding to build my own. As previously mentioned, all of the MINIs on their lot at that time were warranty returns from California (Lemon Law returns). At first, they weren't very forthcoming about this info, but I did some digging online with the VIN numbers I wrote down and found that all had been Lemon'd.

What REALLY scared me - I could not get MINI USA to give me a definitive answer as to whether the car was still under it's original warranty. The dealerships couldn't either. That fact alone, made up my mind!

Good luck! There's certainly more used MINIs available now than when I bought

William

azphotomac wrote:I recently attended a car show at The Pavilions shopping center and spoke with several members about MINI's. I'm thinking seriously of purchasing a MINI and would like to "pick someone's brain" ASAP about the car and where to purchase. I visited Lesueur Car Company in Sottsdale today and would like to know what their reputation is? Missed an 08 Cooper S at Scottsdale dealership, looked like a nice one.

Thanks

Hugh
480-374-0261
wearlaz

Return to General Board