New Member - Looking for Good Shop and Meet Up Events

Discuss anything MiNi related!

New Member - Looking for Good Shop and Meet Up Events

Postby DRIVEN1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:51 am

Hello everyone - New to the forum and with a new Mini I bought yesterday afternoon. I bought a MINT 2003 Cooper S (R53 I think is what you all call it?). Found this car loaded with all the options, custom rims, suspension work and the most important piece - ONLY 27K miles on it.

I would love some good advice where to take this for repairs. I would like to get the suspension checked ASAP though so any help would be appreciated. I live in Chandler and will drive anywhere within about 25 miles.

I also would like to know when the next meet up is? I think I saw you have a meetup this Saturday at the Pavillions. Correct?
2003 Mini Cooper S
British Racing Green
DRIVEN1

Postby Louie B. » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Welcome!

Yes, our next meetup (for those not going on the Laughlin run this weekend) is going to be at the Pavillions. Several paople are going to be meeting up w/ the So Cal and Nevada clubs in Laughlin this weekend as well so the MINI crowd may have a slightly lower showing at Pavs than normal but there will still be several of us there.

As for getting work done, I do a lot of my own work and have no problem helping fellow MINI-thusiasts out with thiers. I'm about 99% sure I will be at pavs this weekend, I'll keep an eye out for you.
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Welcome!!!
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby danjmcs » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Welcome!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby harpo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Since you're in Chandler, you might want to check out Beyer Motor Works.... They are BMW master mechanics and do a great job at a reasonable price.
"I've got designs on a moving violation.".( Tom Waits)
harpo

Postby danjmcs » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:23 pm

I've recommended these guys to a few people too and have had nothing but great experiences with them...

Arizona BMW Service
http://www.dynamicminicollective.org/fo ... php?t=4635
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Delys » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:31 am

Welcome and congrats on the new MINI. You will LOVE IT! :D
Delys
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby DRIVEN1 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Thank you for the welcomes and the suggestions. I will be at the Pavillions tonight with the family. Going to check out the car show, meet some fellow mini gurus and then see a movie.

I already made an appt on Monday with Arizona BMW. Talked with Cody over there and hope they can help me. The Mini I bought has some srious aftermarket suspension work on it and its a little too aggressive for my tastes. I am hoping someone will be able to give me good advise how to modify it a little. Who knows, maybe I have a great system and I can offer it up for trade or something?

Look for me tonight. I will be the one in British Racing Green. :)
2003 Mini Cooper S
British Racing Green
DRIVEN1

Postby Louie B. » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Just to warn you, it's gonna be a madhouse this evening!! Last year when the Good Guys car show was in town we couldn't even get the MINIs in the lot, let alone parked together!! I'm tinking if we can't get into our usual isle, let's all shoot for somewhere across the street, near Starbucks or 5th st diner.
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:52 pm

sounds good
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Re: New Member - Looking for Good Shop and Meet Up Events

Postby joe_bfstplk » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:56 pm

DRIVEN1 wrote:Hello everyone - New to the forum and with a new Mini I bought yesterday afternoon. I bought a MINT 2003 Cooper S (R53 I think is what you all call it?). Found this car loaded with all the options, custom rims, suspension work and the most important piece - ONLY 27K miles on it.

Welcome, from a fellow noobie!

Wow, you found one with even less miles than mine.... I got mine about 3.5 weeks ago with 36k miles on it. Looks like they're about twins from your description.

I guess I'll bump into you and the rest at the Pavilions!

C ya,
Dutch
joe_bfstplk
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Great meeting you!
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby joe_bfstplk » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:20 pm

deemotored wrote:Great meeting you!

You, too! :)

C ya,
Dutch
joe_bfstplk
DMC Member
DMC Member

Re: New Member - Looking for Good Shop and Meet Up Events

Postby MINImama » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:26 pm

DRIVEN1 wrote:Hello everyone - New to the forum and with a new Mini I bought yesterday afternoon. I bought a MINT 2003 Cooper S (R53 I think is what you all call it?).

Welcome, Driven!! What's your name? Hope to meet ya at an event soon. You'll like it here.

:D :D :D
MINImama
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby M3NTAL » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:35 am

It was good to meet you this weekend. Your wheels are in fact factory MINI wheels - which are made by BBS. They are called the "R90" if I remember correctly. They are a true 2 piece wheel.

I have only seen one other rear sway bar like yours - it is the Webb Extreme bar.. it is different than yours though (same principle, but different material/design)

H&R I think uses red springs for coil over setups, I'm not sure who else does. Bilstein uses blue or yellow. Koni uses red also I think. Get some photos while it is on the lift, of ask the guys there if they know the manufacturer.

Let me know if you have any questions - I can try to help you as best as I can!

Your son was all in to the cars - that was pretty cool!

Take care,
Adam
M3NTAL

Return to General Board