AMVIV 7 - March 25-28, 2010 - New Host Hotel/Event Info

Discuss anything MiNi related!

AMVIV 7 - March 25-28, 2010 - New Host Hotel/Event Info

Postby danjmcs » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:02 pm

News for AMVIV 7! See below for latest new host hotel and event info!

[quote]Hi everyone. It
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Chili Mini » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:56 am

This hotel is 15 miles from the strip in Resume Speed, NV.
Chili Mini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby azminiman » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:10 am

cool... If we have any MINIs left by then.... we will be there.. 8)
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby MCS08 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:02 am

???????
"If you love someone, let them go. If they come back, set them on fire." -George Carlin
MCS08

Postby AZMini » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:10 pm

Chili Mini wrote:This hotel is 15 miles from the strip in Resume Speed, NV.

Yeah, I'm torn as to whether I'll go this year because of that. I go to Vegas to see the strip. I don't want to spend a bunch of time driving around just to get to what I want to see. The alternative is to stay at another hotel on or close to the strip but then you have to drive to the host hotel to hang out with Mini friends. Then, if you get tired or just want to chill for a bit, you have to drive back to your hotel. I think they've made a big mistake this year. Plus, the hotel only has 200 rooms so many will not even be able to stay at the host hotel. Whats the use of that? Plan an event where people can't participate without a bunch of hassle. No thanks.
Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late.
The cannons don't thunder there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over forty victim of fate, arriving too late.
AZMini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby AZMini » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Lets see if this works. Here's a map of Vegas. The hotel is the "1" ay up north

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Las+V ... :25:::::/e

Edit: You'll have to zoom out
AZMini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Louie B. » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:08 am

AZMini wrote:
Chili Mini wrote:This hotel is 15 miles from the strip in Resume Speed, NV.

Yeah, I'm torn as to whether I'll go this year because of that. I go to Vegas to see the strip. I don't want to spend a bunch of time driving around just to get to what I want to see. The alternative is to stay at another hotel on or close to the strip but then you have to drive to the host hotel to hang out with Mini friends. Then, if you get tired or just want to chill for a bit, you have to drive back to your hotel. I think they've made a big mistake this year. Plus, the hotel only has 200 rooms so many will not even be able to stay at the host hotel. Whats the use of that? Plan an event where people can't participate without a bunch of hassle. No thanks.

This is one of the reasons I started the poll for weather its about the journey or the destination...

I know they put out questionares out polling if people would mind relocating off strip and I'm assuming by this choice that the majority said they wouldn't. I for one don't mind at all taking a drive in my MINI to get to the strip. That's what I bought a MINI for!

...I haven't looked at the map yet, but I'm wondering if having the start point a little more out of town will also make it easier to get all the cars out on a run in more of a group.
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby AZMini » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:02 am

Oh I love driving my Mini. I hate city driving though. Stop. Go. Stop. Go.
AZMini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Chili Mini » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:22 am

But if we're not going to be in Vegas, why go to Vegas? There are plenty of hotels elsewhere that could be the start point for drives far more interesting than those out of Vegas - been there, done that. The main attraction of AMVIV (besides us MINI drivers) is Vegas itself - and that means the strip.
Chili Mini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby MiniBot » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:21 pm

I haven't attended AMVIV in the past, so I can't really speak to the hotel comparison. But I can say that this new location wouldn't stop me from attending. I've never been a big fan of Vegas so for me, the main draw is the event itself. I think Louie makes a very good point about the new location making it easier to stay in a group for runs, plus, a little side fun run could be one going to the Strip!
MiniBot is now CeltMNI!

Sharon
MiniBot

Postby AZMINIS » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:50 am

It is going to make it more of a hassle to get to the strip, and back. Looks like a hike down Interstate 15 South would take 20-25 minutes. That's a little farther out than I would like to be. :(

------------
Jeff
" I know officer, License and Registration "

AZMINIS

Postby MINImama » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:09 pm

This will also be my first year attending AMVIV, so I could care less about where we stay - I just want to be among all the MINI "family." Also, one of the nice things about going alone, is I always have a seat open and available to anyone who wants to ride back and forth from the hotel and the Strip with me, or I can hitch a ride with someone else. I'm there to make some new friends, and what better way than to share rides with other folks. :-)
MINImama
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby dragonflyer » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:48 am

I guess that is it for me. I struggle with going every year. Last year was a gamble and it worked out OK but I'm just not sure what the point of going to Vegas and not being near the strip.

I think I will have to seriously weigh the Pros and Cons this year.
Still driving a Mini. No matter the cost.
dragonflyer

Postby AZMini » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:04 am

Louie B. wrote:This is one of the reasons I started the poll for weather its about the journey or the destination...

I know they put out questionares out polling if people would mind relocating off strip and I'm assuming by this choice that the majority said they wouldn't. I for one don't mind at all taking a drive in my MINI to get to the strip. That's what I bought a MINI for!

...I haven't looked at the map yet, but I'm wondering if having the start point a little more out of town will also make it easier to get all the cars out on a run in more of a group.

In this case, its the destination. You go to Vegas to see the strip, not the suburbs. I can see the suburbs and hang out with Mini people here in Phoenix.

As far as getting the cars together for runs, you designate a rally point. Pick a shopping center off strip and tell everyone to meet there. No problem.

I think an issue here is that Vegas locals are "over" the strip. As a result, they don't understand that people want to go there as a destination.
AZMini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:41 pm

I'll go either way. I'm just sitting in a booth in the parking lot all day anyway. :)

The only day I really venture out is Sunday and I can drive a few minutes to get to the strip that day.
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Next

Return to General Board