Something is missing......

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Something is missing......

Postby perrin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:03 am

Not to happy!!!! Looks like the part was RTVed on after the clips were broken off. NICE!!! MNS did the painting for me before I recieved the car. They failed to mention having any problems. I know they didn't do the work but still.
Volvo C30 BB RD Stock so very stock and staying that way!! Wait........

had.....:( '05 MCSa HB/B all 4 packages, anthracite trim, H/K sound, Aero Kit, Pulley and intake.
perrin

Postby danjmcs » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Ouch! :( MNS a sub-sect of Team Half-ass? At least the body shop they used anyway?
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby anmracing » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Dang, that's a bummer.... Are they willing to take any responsibility for it?

A~
anmracing

Postby azminiman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:54 pm

total bummer... if you need help getting a new one, I can help... and take to get painted if you need...let me know
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby perrin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:05 am

azminiman wrote:total bummer... if you need help getting a new one, I can help... and take to get painted if you need...let me know

Thanks Mark!! I found a painter $80 to get it painted and I need to buy the part. :(

Not sure telling MNS will do anything its been five years. Plus they dont like me.

had.....:( '05 MCSa HB/B all 4 packages, anthracite trim, H/K sound, Aero Kit, Pulley and intake.
perrin

Postby anmracing » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:18 pm

After 5 years, they would try to get out of it anyway..... Good luck with it though.

A~
anmracing

Postby perrin » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:23 am

Well they claimed that one of there paint places would have never done that to my mini. and since I have close to 100k they wouldn't cover it anyway and they warrenty things like this for 4years or 2 years. I knew they wouldn't do anything but asked just in case. So if anyone got things painted from the dealer 4 years ago you may have problems. I'm still wonder what the other ones look like too. One more reason MNS is not one of my favorite places and I wont be buying other mini ( plus I already bought a Volvo)

perrin

RE: something's missing

Postby Bogner » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:54 am

Do you know anyone that would paint my stock trim at a reasonable cost in the valley. I've been thinking that I would like to get it done.
I have a Red 05 Cooper S, its my second Mini I had an 02 S when they first came out. Putting a pulley, intake and audio system in the new car.
Bogner

Re: RE: something's missing

Postby perrin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Bogner wrote:Do you know anyone that would paint my stock trim at a reasonable cost in the valley. I've been thinking that I would like to get it done.

Not really. I know a couple in Tucson sorry..

perrin

Postby perrin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:44 pm

All fixed!! Looks good too! Need to wax it but color matched well. Pic is not great but you can see its complete again. :)

perrin

Postby danjmcs » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 am

Looks good! :)
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby minidad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:43 am

perrin wrote:Well they claimed that one of there paint places would have never done that to my mini. and since I have close to 100k they wouldn't cover it anyway and they warrenty things like this for 4years or 2 years. I knew they wouldn't do anything but asked just in case. So if anyone got things painted from the dealer 4 years ago you may have problems. I'm still wonder what the other ones look like too. One more reason MNS is not one of my favorite places and I wont be buying other mini ( plus I already bought a Volvo)

:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: SERIOUSLY?!
you thought after that long they would fix it?! come on really??
Im betting Scottsdale P and B did the work...they just fixed "Skull"..in a
matter of hours...Run in with a cat... :evil:
I have had nothing but GREAT service from dealer and
their Body shop...... :D
Maybe its just some our club members they have a problem with :lol:
minidad
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby perrin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:17 pm

minidad wrote:
perrin wrote:Well they claimed that one of there paint places would have never done that to my mini. and since I have close to 100k they wouldn't cover it anyway and they warrenty things like this for 4years or 2 years. I knew they wouldn't do anything but asked just in case. So if anyone got things painted from the dealer 4 years ago you may have problems. I'm still wonder what the other ones look like too. One more reason MNS is not one of my favorite places and I wont be buying other mini ( plus I already bought a Volvo)

:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: SERIOUSLY?!
you thought after that long they would fix it?! come on really??
Im betting Scottsdale P and B did the work...they just fixed "Skull"..in a
matter of hours...Run in with a cat... :evil:
I have had nothing but GREAT service from dealer and
their Body shop...... :D
Maybe its just some our club members they have a problem with :lol:

So are you saying it's ok to mess up your mini as long as you don't see it for a couple years. They RTVed a part onto my mini. How in the world would I know that until it broke again They broke parts and glued it back together. No I didn't think they would fix it but completely denying it was bad. I had already made plans to have it fixed. If I lived in Phx I would have been there showing them the problem. I have had great experiences and horrible experiences with the dealer but this one I think they screwed up and dont care. My mini is fixed now so it doesnt matter but I wonder what the other parts look like too. :roll:

perrin

Return to General Board