Tires - Urgent

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Tires - Urgent

Postby MINImama » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:48 pm

Hey, folks. I need your opinions (shouldn't be too difficult from this group) and need 'em quick..... It is time to put new tires on Pepper - this weekend most likely since I have a trip to Tucson on Thursday and Jerome the week after. So, what do you guys like?? I'm not going to be racing or anything - just need good tires for local and highway driving. I was looking at the Yokahama S-drives, but would appreciate all suggestions.
Thanks, all!!!
Michele
MINImama
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby OPC » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:21 pm

The Yokos are a good choice for a summer-only tire. Patty has them on Jack & has had no complaints.

The Goodyear F1 All Seasons are also a good choice, but are more expensive. The Goodyears have a better wear rating (420), so should last a little longer than the Yokos. Lots of fans of the Goodyears on NAM.

FYI, if buying from Discount tire call ahead to make sure your size is in stock. Most likely, they'll be available at the warehouse in Phoenix, but this will avoid a wasted trip.
Jos
OPC

Postby It Works » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:18 pm

Michele, I love my tires. Get em!
'06 MCS JCW, Aero, Bilstein PSS9's SB/S
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby Louie B. » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:30 am

I too have the Yoko S's, although they behave very differently on my smaller wheels so mine may not be the best judge... I got enourmously more grip and a much stiffer sidewall on my old BF goodrich G-force KDW's but at the cost of higher road noise and quicker wear (and higher cost in general)
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Chili Mini » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:33 am

Michele:
We have Yoko S Drives on Chili Mini and love them. They do wear. Just put two new ones on yesterday from Discount Tire. I called and they got them in one day. $115 each plus mounting plus warranty certificates plus life time balance, plus tax, plus gov't fees.
They are rock solid in dry and rain and look great. Wear factor is 300 which means they really grip. I don't rotate (rethinking that) so only got 12,600 miles on the front. Still had tread left but also a nail in one so just replaced the two front. Back tires have plenty of tread so they're now on the front.
Warren
Chili Mini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby MINImama » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:29 am

Thanks for all the suggestions. Went with the BF Goodrich g-force sports. Really loving the ride now.... like a whole new car...Add to that an awesome lowering job and control arm installation care of Mark, Louie, and Theresa, and I am one happy MINImama this weekend
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MINImama
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:58 pm

MINImama wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions. Went with the BF Goodrich g-force sports.

I had 3-4 sets of those on CoopahS and really liked them... they can get a little noisey as they start to wear, other than that, great tire.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Return to General Board