Cottonwood Run... 7-19

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Cottonwood Run... 7-19

Postby duality » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:38 am

So here is the story, 6 years ago I started a routine called the Cottonwood Run. We started in 2002 with 4 cars, we had a fun run up 89A into Cottonwood and stopped at Murphy's Grill for lunch, then we came home on I-17. I (along with other vortex members) have orchestrated more than 20 Cottonwood Runs since, and have grown in numbers as large as 54 cars!

I've been out of the VW scene for a few years (S2000, Jeep, Mini) but I still have fun going on the run that I started. The torch has been passed off to others, but I still take responsibility.

So here is the deal....:

Meet at McDonald's on the NEC of I-17 and Carefree Highway on July 19th at 8:30AM for an 8:45 Departure. We will be traveling west on Carefree Highway and the 60 North to Wickenburg, then 89A north into Jerome and Cottonwood. We stop at Murphy's Grill usually around 1-2PM and it is always a great lunch. They have a very large menu of sandwiches, burgers, salads, and entrees for lunch. After Murphy's, everyone usually heads home on their own.

This is a fun run for everyone. There is typically a group which hauls ass up the roads, and a group which takes their time. The front group has always done a very good job of stopping every so often to let the slow guys catch up, because nobody likes being left behind.

There are 14 Volkswagens signed up for this run... I'd like to see a lot of MINIs as well. The BMW and S2000 folk have been invited as well. Please PM me if you have any questions or would like to RSVP.
duality

Postby deemotored » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:17 pm

:( I work Saturdays, but this sounds fun!
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby SilverNewt » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:25 pm

I would have enjoyed this, but I'll be out of town.

-Scott
623-694-4652
-Scott Michalak
c.623-694-4652
SilverNewt
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

cottonwood

Postby marcus » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:08 pm

:D i'm interested :D
marcus

Postby duality » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:37 pm

would love to see you there marcus we need more than 1 mini in attendance.
duality

Postby danjmcs » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Sounds like fun, but I'm planning to be up in Flagstaff for the Solo/Autocross event that day.

We just did that run with the club earlier in June and met a group of Minis from the Sin City Mini Club from Las Vegas up in Prescott, always a good time.

As always, be careful going up Yarnell, the PoPo love to sit there in the morning, sometimes with radar, sometimes with stop watches at the top.

For those that missed the run in June and need an in-state road trip, hard to beat this one.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Sanbient » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:11 pm

SilverNewt wrote:I would have enjoyed this, but I'll be out of town.

I will be in FL for a work conference that weekend. :'(
gplus.to/sanbient
twitter.com/sanbient
facebook.com/sanbient
Sanbient

Return to General Board