the light bar guy is back on ebay!!! details inside

Discuss anything MiNi related!

the light bar guy is back on ebay!!! details inside

Postby pepegrande008 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:05 am

The item # is 200233303634. I have talked to this guy a few times like a year ago but then he stopped selling the bars. i bet that we can get him to do a group buy and possibly delivery because he lives in Douglas AZ. I can approach him with some numbers if anyone else wants to join in.
Yeah... I Ate a big red candle
pepegrande008

Postby minisaz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Wow great price for a light bar compared to other aftermarket vendors. I already have drving lights. So i will have to pass!
Tim
Cars built for small spaces...Go more places.
minisaz

Postby Hovard » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:50 am

A few questions: Has anyone installed/used his bar? How hard is the install? The low price aside. is it a good mount?
I already have 2 OEM lights mounted, but would love to use this bar to mount 2 more and have them below the bumper... That way I could then get the M7 grill and keep the driving lights.
Hovard

Postby pepegrande008 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:31 am

from what i hear the install is straight forward. its supposed to be exactly the same as the others but it comes from an arizonian that lives on an arizonian budget like us. If im gunna make a deal with this guy i need more people on line.
Yeah... I Ate a big red candle
pepegrande008

Postby Louie B. » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:49 pm

http://www.vipcustomparts.com/minicooperparts.htm

Another Arizonan that lives on an Arizonan budget that makes a really good quad light bar. And this Arizonan is a DMC member! :)
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby duality » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:42 pm

This is a real product?

I had a lot of lights on the front of my Jeep as there was actually a use for them.

How many people take their minis offroad in the nighttime and have a use for that many lights? :shock:
duality

Postby danjmcs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:56 pm

duality wrote:This is a real product?
I had a lot of lights on the front of my Jeep as there was actually a use for them.
How many people take their minis offroad in the nighttime and have a use for that many lights? :shock:

Function isn't always the point. Lots of people like the old classic look of the Mini rally cars, and they had that style or similar type of light bar on them.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Istara » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:04 pm

duality wrote:This is a real product?

There are a lot of unlit roads in the state which happen to be just as dark as the unpaved bits. + what dan says :wink:
Istara

Postby 66Cooper » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:07 am

duality wrote:How many people take their minis offroad in the nighttime and have a use for that many lights? :shock:

Driving lights applications are not limited to off road use. While I would agree that for the most part they are for show now, the classics really needed the extra wattage with the yellow sealed beams that they came with back in the day.

Today on back roads, non lit secondary roads, and away from heavy traffic it is still a good idea to have the driving lamps. One should properly aim them for the intended use, maybe towards the right edge of the road to help identify roadside wild life before you get close enough for them to jump out in front of you and put a dent in your paintwork. Maybe a little higher than standard high beams can reach, then depending on weather and conditions you have the extended lights, your normal and high beams, and then the fog/foul weather lights. I prefer different switches for the extra driving lamps, and no I don't have any on my MINI, only on the classic.

I would also tell people what I heard a racing mechanic tell a customer who wanted to add more lights, you can only drive as fast as you can see no matter how much light you have.
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Return to General Board