BULLRUN COMING TO PHOENIX!

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Postby perrin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:55 pm

duality wrote:
Carey934 wrote:
duality wrote:
Carey934 wrote:where???
That is G8 classified.

Nothing classified about it after the race. I followed them from the finish line across the street into the Valley Ho Scottsdale. No big deal, no secret and not something necessary to hold back from others. That's just rude.
Not at all rude when you have concerns about posting things up on a public forum which would possibly bring a bunch of people in to the hotel to wander around looking at cars. It's the same reason I wouldn't say yes if you asked me if some celebrity was staying there. It's not the publicity those people want, and god forbid your GM would find out about it, talk about termination! I guess you've never heard about keeping privacy of guests in your hotel, which is actually a law in some cases. So why not use your freaking head and think things through before you call someone rude, jackass. You're being a jerk based out of ignorance! And yes, I knew where they were partying, that was no secret as I don't WORK at that said place.

PS, and thanks for the pics!

Sorry Carey but I think he maybe right on this one. It's his work place and he could get fired for say anything. I don't think he was trying to be a jerk. Now that being said Duality you could calm down your reply just alittle.
Volvo C30 BB RD Stock so very stock and staying that way!! Wait........

had.....:( '05 MCSa HB/B all 4 packages, anthracite trim, H/K sound, Aero Kit, Pulley and intake.
perrin

Postby duality » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:11 pm

no, I'm frickin' offended. Someone I don't know calls me a name, and I'm going to stand up for myself.
duality

Postby Carey934 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:56 pm

duality wrote:
Carey934 wrote:
duality wrote:
That is G8 classified.

Nothing classified about it after the race. I followed them from the finish line across the street into the Valley Ho Scottsdale. No big deal, no secret and not something necessary to hold back from others. That's just rude.
Not at all rude when you have concerns about posting things up on a public forum which would possibly bring a bunch of people in to the hotel to wander around looking at cars. It's the same reason I wouldn't say yes if you asked me if some celebrity was staying there. It's not the publicity those people want, and god forbid your GM would find out about it, talk about termination! I guess you've never heard about keeping privacy of guests in your hotel, which is actually a law in some cases. So why not use your freaking head and think things through before you call someone rude, jackass. You're being a jerk based out of ignorance! And yes, I knew where they were partying, that was no secret as I don't WORK at that said place.

No, no, you're absolutely right. You're jusitifying teasing someone by telling them you have something they want and you're not going to give it to them. Very mature. The Bullrun organizers post the info right on the Bullrun web-site, but suddenly you think you're Homeland Security.

People might look at cars? Seriously? That's weak. Flamboyant cars with stickers that say LOOK AT ME... Gosh, we wouldn't want people to actually look at them...

To post on a message forum that you have information others want and then deny it to them serves what purpose? What were you trying to accomplish?
Carey934

Postby Carey934 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:13 pm

perrin wrote:
duality wrote:
Carey934 wrote:
duality wrote:
That is G8 classified.

Sorry Carey but I think he maybe right on this one. It's his work place and he could get fired for say anything. I don't think he was trying to be a jerk. Now that being said Duality you could calm down your reply just alittle.

Do you know who I am pictured with? I'm beginning to realize no one in this thread knows anything about how the Bullrun organization works. If you're going to choose sides in this discussion, it might help to have this information...

Bullrun keeps the destinations secret before each checkpoint to keep the drivers from cheating. Once the route cards are handed out to the drivers, the information is simultaneously posted on the Bullrun site. Being a fan of Bullrun for years, I was excited they were coming to Scottsdale. If you ever watch any of the Bullruns, you'll see the drivers love it when people come out to meet them and the USA typically has extremely low turn outs. They don't have a problem with too many people showing up. Just look at the YouTube video posted below to see the 'mob.'

You might consider watching last years Bullrun, it's quite fun and entertaining and you'll have a better understanding of how things work, rather then trying to determine who is telling you the truth and picking sides...

http://videos.streetfire.net/profile/bullrun.htm

In the interim, how can you defend someone pointlessly holding a carrot over your nose and then yanking it away. What did I do to deserve that?

Whats the point of saying "I know the answer, but I'm not going to tell you"? If it was truly a secret, why say anything at all?

If you can't be bothered to look at the Bullrun web-site, watch this video and tell me if you still think the hotel location was a secret:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1_b21425s4

Just because someone thinks it was a secret, doesn't make it so. Just because somoene thinks they were called a name, doesn't make it so. And if someone truly thought it was a secret, why do you think they would have boasted about knowing it?
Last edited by Carey934 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Carey934

Postby Carey934 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:14 pm

duality wrote:no, I'm frickin' offended. Someone I don't know calls me a name, and I'm going to stand up for myself.

What name were you called and by whom?
Carey934

Postby ///ACS330Ci » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:19 pm

Last edited by Carey934 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm; edited 9 times in total

Wow :shock:
///ACS330Ci

Postby Carey934 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:30 pm

///ACS330Ci wrote:
Last edited by Carey934 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm; edited 9 times in total

Wow :shock:

I have a bad habit of pressing the submit button before I've finished my thoughts...
Carey934

Postby perrin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:36 am

It seems your opinion is the only one that matters so I'm done.
Volvo C30 BB RD Stock so very stock and staying that way!! Wait........

had.....:( '05 MCSa HB/B all 4 packages, anthracite trim, H/K sound, Aero Kit, Pulley and intake.
perrin

Postby Carey934 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:08 am

perrin wrote:It seems your opinion is the only one that matters so I'm done.

Not at all. I simply asked you some questions to better understand your perspective. If you choose not to answer them, then I guess I'll never know how you came to your conclusions... Its just puzzling to me, that's all.

I have only been mentioning verifiable facts about the Bullrun...

What is this 'opinion' I have that you are referring to?
Carey934

Postby ///ACS330Ci » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:47 am

So, anyone have any more Bullrun pictures? :)
///ACS330Ci

Postby It Works » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:59 am

///ACS330Ci wrote:So, anyone have any more Bullrun pictures? :)
'06 MCS JCW, Aero, Bilstein PSS9's SB/S
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby ///ACS330Ci » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:47 am

Ooooooo, that's gotta hurt!
///ACS330Ci

Postby Carey934 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:58 am

///ACS330Ci wrote:So, anyone have any more Bullrun pictures? :)

Sure, I'm always more than happy to share with others. Heck, thats why I created this thread!

Here's some more Bullrun 2008 pics for ya:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=t2i ... leid=en_US
Carey934

Postby Sanbient » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:37 pm

duality wrote:I know where they are staying...

They just called me here at the hotel for directions. Very excited! :shock:

So..from reading the rest, you work at Hotel Valley Ho? That's actually pretty cool. My place of work is having an event there this fall!

And so no one feels like I am keeping it a secret!
http://firstpressarizona.com/event/schedule

Now that I think about it, we have mailed out our save the date cards so I can go and make a completely separate thread.

/threadjack
gplus.to/sanbient
twitter.com/sanbient
facebook.com/sanbient
Sanbient

Postby duality » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

I have worked there on call. I make my year round home though in the lobby of the Arizona Biltmore.
duality

PreviousNext

Return to General Board