OK, now this was a first

Discuss anything MiNi related!

OK, now this was a first

Postby azminiman » Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 am

So we are on our way home from S.V. on Saturday.. we had just got on to 10 for a few miles.. when BAMMMMMM kA band blairs on the radar detector.. I did the break check and noticed I was doing just over 80. ( 75 zone ) As soon as our 6 car convoy passes him,, I watch back.. and sure enough, here he comes...S>O>B you have to be kidding me :evil: I keep watching he passes first couple minis,, then the next,,, crap, he is still comming,, and sure enough, pulles in right behind me. So over i went. I think before he actually hit the lights.. He came up and politly asks for lic and reg.. ( I will say at this point he as very nice, and yes, a MINI fan )

He said I clocked you at 83 but thats not the reason I pulled you over :? I pulled you over for your window tint looks too dark.. :shock: WTF are you kidding me.. :boom can you please roll up your window 6" please. ( I do know that they are not legal ). He checks and gives me a warning and 30days to correct it..

I have never heard of a DPS person stopping someone for tint. I have heard of city police doing it, but usually along with something else. I have had the same tint on every vehicle I have owned since I have been in AZ, and this was the first time i have ever been stopped for it. He was correct though.

Concidering he could have given me ticket for 8 over and that I didnt have my temp tags on the Clubman.. He was really cool about things. All is good.
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby AZblackOUT » Tue May 20, 2008 2:57 am

uh oh, dont tell me they are looking out for tint now :cry:
AZblackOUT

Postby Louie B. » Tue May 20, 2008 3:08 am

The dark tint probably shows up a lot more against a white background. :?
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Tue May 20, 2008 6:18 am

I think he just wanted a good look at a new Clubman. We were actually surprised Mark didnt give him a brochure and a test drive, while we were waiting up at the next exit ;)
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby scuzzlepook » Tue May 20, 2008 1:32 pm

danjmcs wrote: We were actually surprised Mark didnt give him a brochure

Dan, what do you think the cop is looking at?? :lol:
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
first love: IB/W 2004 MCS; Second love AB/AB 2007 JCW MCS
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Istara » Tue May 20, 2008 2:33 pm

:lmao

I was going to be very surprised if you got stopped for speed. I've been told by a couple different cops that they really won't pull you over unless you're going definitively above 85.. at least between phx and tucson.. and I've tested that theory a few times myself.. no tickets yet!
Istara

Postby Ownd » Fri May 30, 2008 9:12 pm

Did he say anything about your radar detector? I always wondered if they cared... As far as DPS and tint, I too have been stopped and had the 30 day crap. Sucks :? sorry man.

PS. If you have a cool doctor, you can get a doctors note stating a skin condition; you have to have dark tint or you get severe burns :P
Ownd

Postby Istara » Sat May 31, 2008 1:00 am

Ownd wrote:PS. If you have a cool doctor, you can get a doctors note stating a skin condition; you have to have dark tint or you get severe burns :P

Brilliant. I can get a note that I have a psychological problem and get to take my dog everywhere with me, and a skin problem to get tint as dark as I like... bending the rules is always fun. Now to see if my doctor is cool enough for that one..
Istara

Postby pepegrande008 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:42 am

happend to me last year in Yuma. Never fixed it though. The officer said he couldnt see me through the window and then gave me a seatbelt ticket cause he said he saw me put it on when he flipped on the lights. made no sense to me but i would rather take the seatbelt ticket than the tint ticket which costs alot more. :twisted:
Yeah... I Ate a big red candle
pepegrande008

Postby Ownd » Sat May 31, 2008 6:29 am

Brilliant. I can get a note that I have a psychological problem and get to take my dog everywhere with me, and a skin problem to get tint as dark as I like... bending the rules is always fun. Now to see if my doctor is cool enough for that one..
Dont forget the "back problems" for that handicap spot
:wink: :lol:
Ownd

Postby duality » Sat May 31, 2008 6:25 pm

He probably thought with a MINIvan and dark tint you were smuggling illegals.
duality

Postby scuzzlepook » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:21 am

Um... 'scuse me, but he DID have a mexican riding in the car with him. :?

ME. :lol:
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
first love: IB/W 2004 MCS; Second love AB/AB 2007 JCW MCS
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby azminiman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:33 am

i missed the earlier post.. NO, he didnt say anything about the radar detector..I was kinda surprised
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Carey934 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:01 am

Carey934

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:44 am

Istara wrote:
Ownd wrote:PS. If you have a cool doctor, you can get a doctors note stating a skin condition; you have to have dark tint or you get severe burns :P

Brilliant. I can get a note that I have a psychological problem and get to take my dog everywhere with me, quote]

I need the name of your doctor. I would love to take Zoe with me everywhere I go... :) Oh wait... if you ask several of you all I already have a psychological problem so ...???
YELLOWMINIAZ

Return to General Board