Throw away cameras

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Throw away cameras

Postby Chili Mini » Fri May 16, 2008 12:35 am

Just read Louie's account of being rear-ended. We learned the hard way to carry throw away cameras in each of our cars. If you're not at fault, snapping photos has a real intimidating effect on the driver that hits you. The photos also work real well for insurance and follow ups to hasty police reports.
Chili Mini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Louie B. » Fri May 16, 2008 2:37 am

Good idea. I actually snapped a couple pics with my cell phone camera when it happened. :wink:
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby scuzzlepook » Fri May 16, 2008 4:25 pm

The quality & clarity of pics in today's cell phones is getting better & better. Mark and I witnessed an altercation at the holidays and he whipped out his cell phone as the vehicle was trying to speed away.
The police could not believe that the picture that he emailed to them right there at the scene came from a cell phone.
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
first love: IB/W 2004 MCS; Second love AB/AB 2007 JCW MCS
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Chili Mini » Sat May 17, 2008 4:53 am

Cell phone cameras do have the email advantage. We've given away more throw-away cameras than we've used for ourselves. One case we snapped photos of a girl's car front ended by a turning school bus, then gave the camera to her mother who came to her rescue. The other, we just gave a camera to a driver who had been hit by some jerk. Kind of an easy way to be helpful.
Chili Mini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Return to General Board