3000 Miles To Graceland

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Are you thinking about this nutty road trip?

Hey, it sounds kind of fun. I might like to come.
67%
I wouldn't miss it, count me in!
11%
Are you nuts?? No way would I start out on a trip with no schedule.
22%

Total votes : 9

Postby 66Cooper » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:56 am

JPMINITUCSON wrote:Not New Orleans?

Yep, and we caught a photo of "Dogs Gone WILD!"
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby It Works » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:58 am

66Cooper wrote:Today I drove 604 Miles in my MINI, watched them film part of a movie in New Orleans, saw an 8 ft Alligator that was hit by a car, saw a 125 pound snapping turtle, held a live alligator in my own hands, saw a herd of buffalo (American Bison), saw a couple of huge Texas Longhorn cattle, ate fresh Gulf shrimp and saw 6 camels in a guys front yard. What did you do?

Geez, let's see... struggled to get my garage door open so I could go to work; got to work; called a garage door repairman (opener still under warranty); finished making arrangements with the auto body shop and car rental place to take the GP in, because the vibration of the stupid garage door made a shop light fall on the car the other night, which dented it and scratched it; called a repairman for my broken (still under warranty) dishwasher; worked; and made it home alive!
See that?>>>it's my black cloud :badday

How was everyone else's day? Hope it was as good as Barneys!
'06 MCS JCW, Aero, Bilstein PSS9's SB/S
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby 66Cooper » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:04 am

I know I said when planning this trip we might wrestle an alligator, but this guy is just too cute to body slam.

So far no "biggest ball of band-aids" and I still have not seen a live armadillo. Everything else I have done, and then some. With no responsible adult in charge we have wandered far out of the original route, and having a blast. We went south across MS yesterday, and wound up heading north across LA today. Spending the night somewhere in Texas......won't tell you where till I find a strange fact or photo to take.
Barney
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby 66Cooper » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Quick updates here for anybody who cares I will put up a few more photos later, and some other details. I will figure total mileage on the trip, and how much we spent for gas, what the highest price we paid was, and what the most expensive tank cost. Anyway here is a little information about our last two days.

Thursday night we spent in a town west of Dallas that has a haunted mansion.

Friday put over 600 miles on and spent the night just over the state line in New Mexico.

Saturday, slept in a little, had a good breakfast and drove to Tucson, took out some of the luggage (didn't have time to put it away and had to leave a few things in the car). Made it to intercept the MADMEN on the way to Casa Grande for Shrimp and Ice Cream. Drove about 324 miles to get to this point. Put on a total of 421 miles by the time we actually got home at 10pm and called it a day. Our trip officially ended last night, and what a way to finish with lots of great MiNi friends and I wish you could have gone with us.

As we headed towards Arizona yesterday, Debbie asked the BIG question..... What are we going to do next year?

Any ideas? 8) 8)
Last edited by 66Cooper on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barney
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby 66Cooper » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:30 pm

Some stats of trip.
3772 Miles Round trip including all the side trips and the extra to Casa Grande and back home.

$510.20 spent on fuel
$4.199 highest price paid per gallon in New Orlean LA
$4.039 cheapest price paid per gallon in Van Horn TX and Memphis TN

$51.74 Most expensive fill up in Benson AZ, almost home 12.440 gallons at $4.159 per gallon

Using OBC for these figures, and I know that usually hand figures are lower for mileage but here are the OBC readings reset at every fill up.

Best tank full......39.8 MPG
Worst tank full....30.1 MPG
Over all ............ 34.875 MPG average
Barney
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Previous

Return to General Board