Newest enhancements

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Postby scuzzlepook » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:19 am

pepegrande008 wrote:. Does anyone know if AC does flatblack vinyl?
Yes he does.. he did a flat black stripe for me about a month and a half ago.
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
first love: IB/W 2004 MCS; Second love AB/AB 2007 JCW MCS
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby pepegrande008 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:48 am

Just talked to mike today. Flatblack is a totally different story on roofs. Im looking at a little under double the price. I understand though because the process is more in depth and harder to do. Maybe if we all go in on some flat black materials he might offer us a better deal? maybe :lol:
Yeah... I Ate a big red candle
pepegrande008

Postby scuzzlepook » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:17 pm

pepegrande008 wrote:Just talked to mike today. Flatblack is a totally different story on roofs. Im looking at a little under double the price. I understand though because the process is more in depth and harder to do. Maybe if we all go in on some flat black materials he might offer us a better deal? maybe :lol:

pm sent
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
first love: IB/W 2004 MCS; Second love AB/AB 2007 JCW MCS
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:54 pm

How did you mount your GPS on that side? Where do you hook it in.. still the lighter?
YELLOWMINIAZ

Postby Carey934 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:54 pm

YELLOWMINIAZ wrote:How did you mount your GPS on that side? Where do you hook it in.. still the lighter?

Thats a factory offered mount for the Garmin Nuvi 350/360/370.

It sells for $175 and I had them install it. it wires into the cars electrical system, so the GPS gets power automatically when you attach it. Very nice!
Carey934

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:54 am

Carey934 wrote:
YELLOWMINIAZ wrote:How did you mount your GPS on that side? Where do you hook it in.. still the lighter?

It sells for $175 and I had them install it. it wires into the cars electrical system, so the GPS gets power automatically when you attach it. Very nice!

Factory offered? Call me slow but thru MINI? Where did you buy it and who installed it. New at this kinda stuff!!
YELLOWMINIAZ

Postby Carey934 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:30 am

YELLOWMINIAZ wrote:
Carey934 wrote:

Factory offered? Call me slow but thru MINI? Where did you buy it and who installed it. New at this kinda stuff!!

Yes, you can buy it directly from Mini North Scottsdale and they charge .5 hour labor to install, or you can install it yourself. I think .5 labor is like $65 or something... I hear the install instructions are really useless, but it can't be that difficult. I was quite surprised when I learned that MINI offered this as well, since its in direct competition with their on-board navigation option. It swivels and tilts and provides power to the GPS and you can easily remove the GPS with the press of a button if you want to take it out for any reason (like to use it in another car, for example). You see, Mini sells a version of the Nuvi 360 and its the same GPS but it has little MINI cars on it to choose and MINI wallpapers, but you can easily add that to your Garmin by downloading the files and adding them to your GPS. Then you can go to www.poi-factory.com and download all the photo radar and speed cameras and associate them with a custom audio file and your GPS will alert you whenever you are within a certain range of a fixed speed or red light camera anywhere in the USA.
Pictures below.

You may also be surprised to learn that if you did not opt for the on-board computer option for your car, you got it anyway and all you have to do is ask the dealer to turn it on. Some dealers will do this for free, others will charge .5 labor to do it. It just has to be 'turned on' through software. If you have an 04 or earlier (or do NOT have the button on the turn signal stalk to change your tach digital display from temp to speed), you will also need to install a button to cycle through the options.

http://www.MINI2.com/pdf/onboard_computer.pdf

Carey934

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Thanks for the information. I will be checking into it.

I think MiNi Scottsdale will be a little too far for me but I will check with my local dealership... :lol: :lol:
I moved to NC but I am still a member with DMC so I always check this forum and ask any questions I have here. You all are so informative!
YELLOWMINIAZ

Previous

Return to General Board