Where to go for my MINI Body Work?

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Where to go for my MINI Body Work?

Postby MNIBMR » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Yesterday the guy that did the hit and run killing a pedestrian on Bell Road also hit my car. He wiped out the passenger side mirror, dented the back quarter panel and did some damage to the back bumper. He was up on the sidewalk doing about 90 miles per hour and clipped the side of my car - can you tell me the BEST place to have it repaired? I want it to be PERFECT - Thank you!
MNIBMR
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby deemotored » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:02 pm

Elwood Body Works
(480) 947-9479
7745 E McDowell Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby th3118 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:04 pm

This guy owns a Mini and does great work. Most all of the club members go to him.

Elwood Body Works
7745 E Mcdowell Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480) 947-9479
Todd

th3118

Body Work

Postby MNIBMR » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:48 pm

I will give him a call once I hear from my insurance company. MINI Scottsdale said they use Scottsdale Paint & Body but I prefer using someone that has been recommended by other MINI owners! Thanks!
MNIBMR
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby isellem » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:00 pm

Lol... as a former employee... I would not recommend taking your car to scottsdale paint and body. That is unless you prefer what many call subpar work done in WAY too long of a time period. The sad thing is that they have the most state of the art, and most impressive facility yet they have tuned out poor work for so many years...
isellem

Postby MNIBMR » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:31 pm

Noooooooo, I don't think I am in the mood for subpar work on my car! I'm so upset that it needs work in the first place - I want someone who will fix it as good as new! Thanks for the info on Scottsdale Paint & Body - I will stay away from them! I really appreciate it! Janice
MNIBMR
DMC Member
DMC Member

Re: Where to go for my MINI Body Work?

Postby danjmcs » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:07 pm

MNIBMR wrote:Yesterday the guy that did the hit and run killing a pedestrian on Bell Road also hit my car. He wiped out the passenger side mirror, dented the back quarter panel and did some damage to the back bumper. He was up on the sidewalk doing about 90 miles per hour and clipped the side of my car - can you tell me the BEST place to have it repaired? I want it to be PERFECT - Thank you!

Geez, sorry to hear about that... thankfully your Mini is fixable and you weren't seriously hurt, unlike the other man, terrible stuff.

This the story?
http://www.azcentral.com/community/nort ... y0114.html
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby MNIBMR » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Thanks so much - it could have been a lot worse - from what I understand he was going about 90 to 100 mph west on Bell Road. The witness I spoke with said the guy was behind me when he jumped the curb and drove along the sidewalk. He wiped out a chevy that was parked in the parking lot at the SW corner of Cave Creek & Bell and then continued across the intersection where he wrapped his car around a light pole. That was the link to the story but I don't think they were telling the whole thing. The detective I spoke with said the car was "borrowed" (possibly stolen??) and I also heard that the guy was out on parole. I'm glad he decided to jump the curb rather than rear end me at that speed but I feel horrible for the pedestrian that he killed. Janice
MNIBMR
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby azminiman » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am

isellem wrote:Lol... as a former employee... I would not recommend taking your car to scottsdale paint and body. That is unless you prefer what many call subpar work done in WAY too long of a time period. The sad thing is that they have the most state of the art, and most impressive facility yet they have tuned out poor work for so many years...

I heard the same justin... Trace had a nightmare with them.. ended up takning her car to elwood to finish the fix..
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby It Works » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am

isellem wrote:Lol... as a former employee... I would not recommend taking your car to scottsdale paint and body. That is unless you prefer what many call subpar work done in WAY too long of a time period. The sad thing is that they have the most state of the art, and most impressive facility yet they have tuned out poor work for so many years...

Scottsdale Paint and Body did my bonnet work and although they took a long time, they did a good job. I won't go back to them again but I wouldn't call the work subpar. One thing I found out about them is that Penske (who owns MNS, the car rental place, and all of the other dealers around them) also owns Scottsdale Paint and Body. Quite a racket.
'06 MCS JCW, Aero, Bilstein PSS9's SB/S
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby MNIBMR » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:14 am

WOW, that is quite a racket. No wonder the woman at MNS offered to patch my call right through to Scottsdale Paint & Body! Geeze!
MNIBMR
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:07 am

azminiman wrote:

I heard the same justin... Trace had a nightmare with them.. ended up takning her car to elwood to finish the fix..

I didnt take my car there... I took it to Arizona Touch up and Paint. DONT GO THERE!!!! TALK ABOUT A NIGHTMARE!!!
YELLOWMINIAZ

Re: Body Work

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:08 am

MNIBMR wrote:I will give him a call once I hear from my insurance company. MINI Scottsdale said they use Scottsdale Paint & Body but I prefer using someone that has been recommended by other MINI owners! Thanks!

Why does your insurance pick up the bill? I had a friend where her car was hit by a speeding car on a residential street and the city repaired her car.
YELLOWMINIAZ

Postby MNIBMR » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:53 am

I didn't realize that the City may pick up the bill - my insurance company already cut me a check for the repairs - but I had to pay the deductible - we are assuming that the guy didn't have insurance, but my insurance company said they would go after him for the deductible and I would get it back if they could get it. Thanks for letting me know that it's possible to pass the bill along to the City, I'm going to check in to it! Janice
MNIBMR
DMC Member
DMC Member

Return to General Board