CLUBMAN IN SAN DIEGO

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Postby 66Cooper » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Louie B. wrote: So if "Cooper" is a trim/perfomance level and not a Model, then all of our Titles and registrations are wrong :shock:

Will the vehicle registrations for the Clubman still just say "Cooper"? :?

(yes, I know. I start asking stupid questions when I get really bored :roll: )

OK, on page two for my page two. (':lol:')

Now there is a good question. With the classic Mini you never can tell what title will say. With the New MINI there are some issues that will come up with US titles, and how each state will deal with that.

I suppose that the rub is that MINI is the manufacturer, and you could say that One, Cooper, and Cooper S are all models, but they are the same body. The Clubman will be a different body. So will that make it a different model and throw the previously accepted designation of Model out the window?

I used to relate the classic version of the Mini to a Camero. Chevy makes the Camero, then you had the Z-28 and the Iroc Z for example. Z-28 and IROC were trim and performance models of the same car, the Camero.

We used to have Austin and Morris, British Leyland, and Rover over the years (I am breaking that down to the major manufacturers of the classic Mini). The model of the car was a Mini, then the performance level could be a Cooper or Cooper S if one so desired or had modified. Will the title say MINI as the mfgr., Clubman model, and Cooper or Cooper S as the identifier that they don't even show on some titles? After all the Clubman will come as a Cooper and Cooper S.

All I know is Arizona is amazing when they decide how a car will be titled. Why is the abbreviation for the MINI on our temporary plate MNNI? That is something I didn't understand.
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:44 pm

alright Louie.... now you did it! :lol: :lol:
YELLOWMINIAZ

Postby 66Cooper » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:25 am

Did I kill this thread? :lol:

Now what does your Title call your MINI for MAKE and MODEL? I will assume that all of the new MINIs will be fairly standard.
Mine is a MNNI COS

I have classics that are Austin Mini Cooper, one says Austin Morris Mini, and one Morris Mini, I think the other says Austin Mini.
Barney
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby JPMINITUCSON » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Ours is MNNI MINI.
Jon
'81 Aussie Moke Californian
'61 Morris Mini-Minor
'71 Cooper 'S' MKIII
'76 Mini 1000
'13 MINI Cooper
JPMINITUCSON
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Gottoon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:12 am

Being that I havn't been on the forum in a while I am catching up with some posting... Diggin back through registration records, I have found that all three of mine are MNNI CP. That would be the 04 S, 06 S, and the 05 Cooper. So when registering a MINI in AZ could you get away with registering a cooper s as a cooper to lower your registration costs.
Gottoon

Postby Louie B. » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:30 am

Gottoon wrote:Being that I havn't been on the forum in a while I am catching up with some posting... Diggin back through registration records, I have found that all three of mine are MNNI CP. That would be the 04 S, 06 S, and the 05 Cooper. So when registering a MINI in AZ could you get away with registering a cooper s as a cooper to lower your registration costs.

Pretty sure MVD goes by vin# which tells all. :?
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby 66Cooper » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:48 am

Gottoon wrote:Being that I havn't been on the forum in a while I am catching up with some posting... Diggin back through registration records, I have found that all three of mine are MNNI CP. That would be the 04 S, 06 S, and the 05 Cooper. So when registering a MINI in AZ could you get away with registering a cooper s as a cooper to lower your registration costs.

Your registration TAX, come on we all know it is a TAX is based on the vehicles manufacturers base price on the new vehicle and depreciated annually, and they will base that on what the computer tells them by the VIN, original dealers submitted papers or what ever document that is used to first register the car in AZ. I have had them look in books on other cars of mine to find the list price for the base car. They usually don't include options in that base price they use.

Anyway, come on who else will take the time and look at your registration or title and tell us what your car has on its paper work. So far we have three different ones
MNNI CP (for both Cooper S, and Cooper)
MNNI MINI (for Cooper)
MNNI COS (for a CooperS)
Barney
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Previous

Return to General Board