Greetings everyone! New to the area, not quite a mini owner

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Greetings everyone! New to the area, not quite a mini owner

Postby Corrosion » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:23 am

Well i don't have a mini yet......

But i am going to the mini dealer tomorrow! Don't think i am going to pull the trigger yet, have to sell my current car first (which i hopes goes fast!)

But i still wanted to stop in and say hello!

I currently drive a "interesting" car which is a saab 9-2x aero aka the saabaru (subaru wrx wagon in saab clothing). I got the saabaru before the r56 was finalized and going into production. I was going to wait but i needed a car asap and figured it would be a good car, exp with moving cross country!

But every day i get into the car and think back to the first R56 mcs i test drove and know i can no longer put my self through this torture! I am a mini fan! When i see them on the streets it brings a smile to my face. Thinking about it makes me happy. hahaha at first i thought i was crazy! but after reading post on nam and everywhere else i know i am not =)

i look forward to meeting people in this group!

oh well i have taken up enough of your time!

Dan
Corrosion

Postby danjmcs » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:31 pm

Sounds like your nearly hooked! :) Good luck on the sale and purchase, and welcome!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby deemotored » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:22 pm

Welcome!!!
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby minisaz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:09 pm

ohoh! Another Dan!! Welcome Dan!
Tim
Cars built for small spaces...Go more places.
minisaz

Postby carjoy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:29 am

Welcome to DMC!!! Buckle your seatbelt, you're in for a fun ride! :D
07 Night Fire Red w/ Black MC
All Packages, English Oak trim and Steering Wheel, Xenon Headlights, HiFi Stereo, Sirius Radio
carjoy
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Corrosion » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:01 am

Got back from the mini dealer a little while ago, didn't know the only dealer in az was not even a free standing dealer!

that was a surprise! all the other mini dealer i have been to are their own building with their own service department.

but any how talked to brain dewire, seemed like a stand up dude. got the questions i needed to know about payments and what not.

now all i need to do is make a order for some detailing stuff (i think i am going to try some prima stuff) and get my car on the market. once i sell it i will put down my deposit and get the ball rolling.

when all is said and done i hope to have a mini in my driveway by mid march! sooner would be great! but i don't expect my car to sell until after the holidays are all said and done with.

i may see if i can get out to the car show next sat. i have to work till 6 so its going to be close but i maybe able to ditch a little early.

have a good one!
Corrosion

Postby Mrono » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:25 am

Hey congrats! I'm glad you joined us.
Mrono

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:57 am

Welcome...
What color are your going to get?
YELLOWMINIAZ

Postby Corrosion » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:02 am

as for color i don't know yet =(

i have a massive internal battle going on between pepper white and sparkling silver..... which one is going to win? at this very moment i am thinking pepper white.... but who knows what tomorrow will bring.. or even the next day!

if anyone has a friend looking for a good "fun" car the saabaru is going up on craigs list tomorrow. going to be asking 17,500 its a 2005, same car as a wrx wagon but with more options!!!! it even has every option under the sun (hids, leather, sunroof, 17's, heated seats) has 51k on the clock but i got it cert. preowned so it has a 100k warranty. the quicker i sell this thing the sooner i will be able to get a mini!!!!

i am torn tho, once i sell my car i may car i may pick up a beater for like 1000, that will help me be able to save for a extra month or two and get a bigger down payment. but that means less time with out the mini of my dreams... ugh decisions... decisions...
Corrosion

Postby Sanbient » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:20 pm

Corrosion wrote:i am torn tho, once i sell my car i may car i may pick up a beater for like 1000, that will help me be able to save for a extra month or two and get a bigger down payment. but that means less time with out the mini of my dreams... ugh decisions... decisions...

Well, it seems that you have the same two choices I did. Whore yourself out on the street corner or kidnap a college student and hold them for ransom (blondes seem to get more money...stay away from the redheads! :lol: ). I chose the latter and I can say I am quite happy with my mini. ;)

Michael
gplus.to/sanbient
twitter.com/sanbient
facebook.com/sanbient
Sanbient

Postby littlejake » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:28 pm

Why can't you trade in you current car?????
littlejake

Postby deemotored » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:37 am

I was wondering the same thing...
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby Corrosion » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:03 am

i owe about 15k on my current car,

i should be able to sell it for about 17.5 i am not sure yet because theres, ummm, not a single one for sale with in 300 miles..... i think there are a couple in Denver but thats about it! hard to gauge what it will bring in this market. wrx's of the same year with similar miles pull 16-20, i have more factory options they they do and am starting at a more reasonable price, just to try to get the thing to move quick.

according to kbb my trade in value is about 13.5-15.5 i just know that they would offer me the lower amount, flipping me upside down which is not so cool ;)
Corrosion

Return to General Board