Mini Takes The States 2008 - Opinions Heard!

Discuss anything MiNi related!

Mini Takes The States 2008 - Opinions Heard!

Postby scuzzlepook » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:17 pm

Vote Now!! Mini Takes The States 2008 \:D/

MTTS 2008 Begins to Takes Shape

MF Exclusive: The results are in from MINI USA
Last edited by scuzzlepook on Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
first love: IB/W 2004 MCS; Second love AB/AB 2007 JCW MCS
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:11 pm

I think you can vote direct here, without logging in.
http://www.miniusa.com/crm/mtts/survey2008/survey.jsp

If not, you'll need to use your owners lounge login. I think you only get one of these if you bought your Mini new from a dealer?
https://ol.miniusa.com/
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby minisaz » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:30 pm

i voted for #3. Closer to Home
Tim
Cars built for small spaces...Go more places.
minisaz

Postby 66Cooper » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:04 pm

I kind of like the #3 as well. Maybe get to take in more than one event if they stagger them out right.
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby Carey934 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:49 pm

Number 3 looks good to me!
Carey934

Postby scuzzlepook » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:00 pm

I dunno you guys... looks like Im the minority here, cuz I stayed with option 1.

I had such an incredible time when I went last year - flew solo, wasn't a member of any club at the time and met & hung out with an incredible group of people from around the U.S. that Im still in close contact with. Needless to say, I was spoiled on that trip. :wink:
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby SilverNewt » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:39 pm

I went with option 1 also.

The way I figure it, there are already multiple national and regional events that are out there (E.g.; AMVIV (Vegas), MITM (Colorado), MOTD (NC/TN), Mickey & MINIs (FL)... ad infinitum) The cross country trip is a novelty and many more people get a chance to participate this way, whether its a stop or leg in their area or by motoring along.

I also added comments to my survey to mention that "by including local clubs in the organizational process, they would get the benefit of the most loyal and enthusiastic MINI owners all across the nation."

As for me I am with Dan in hoping that if they do choose to organize another cross country rally, that they will be traveling a bit further south, hitting the 5th biggest city in the country and maybe even going the other way and ending on the west coast this time! I am sure that many more of us would be able to attend, participate and enjoy the event(s)

-Scott
623-694-4652
-Scott Michalak
c.623-694-4652
SilverNewt
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Carey934 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:58 pm

scuzzlepook wrote:I dunno you guys... looks like Im the minority here, cuz I stayed with option 1.

I had such an incredible time when I went last year - flew solo, wasn't a member of any club at the time and met & hung out with an incredible group of people from around the U.S. that Im still in close contact with. Needless to say, I was spoiled on that trip. :wink:

It's too bad you weren't part of the club here at the time, because I was planning to go the full route but could not find a co-pilot and as a result, backed out of it.

I would have easily been someone else's co-pilot... :)
Carey934

Postby GOTCURVES » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:51 am

scuzzlepook wrote:I dunno you guys... looks like Im the minority here, cuz I stayed with option 1.

I'm with option 1 as well
I also was flying solo with no club afiliation (granted it went right through Flagstaff and almost literaly) the morning gathering for the run to Sandia NM was the highlight :( no big group of Minis all traveling together (no activities planed the day of arrival to Flag) it was just a resting point and I took the arrival day off from work for nothing! :( :( But I would do it again in a heartbeat (but do more legs) and the east to west thing would be cool then next time go from Seattle WA to South Beach FL.
Life moves pretty fast....
Driving a MINI slows everything down but you!

05' MC Slvr/Blk, prem & sport pkgs.
GOTCURVES

Postby scuzzlepook » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:31 pm

Carey934 wrote:

It's too bad you weren't part of the club here at the time, because I was planning to go the full route but could not find a co-pilot and as a result, backed out of it.

Actually, it was a result of MTTS that got me to join this club! I was on such a natural high from MTTS that when I got back into town, I wanted & needed more (my fix).
Sounds like you didn't get rid of your mini! :thumbs-up:
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Carey934 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:32 pm

scuzzlepook wrote:
Carey934 wrote:

Actually, it was a result of MTTS that got me to join this club! I was on such a natural high from MTTS that when I got back into town, I wanted & needed more (my fix).

After meeting with the GM of MNS, he extended an olive branch and I've accepted it, so my Mini will be getting a little corrective surgery and then things should be good again all the way around.
Carey934

Postby scuzzlepook » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:44 pm

Carey934 wrote:
scuzzlepook wrote:
Carey934 wrote:

After meeting with the GM of MNS, he extended an olive branch and I've accepted it, so my Mini will be getting a little corrective surgery and then things should be good again all the way around.

I hope that they fix the issues to your satisfaction... nothing like seeing a lonely mini in some dirty ol' car lot. :cry:
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

MMTS 08

Postby marcus » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:28 am

numero tres :!:
marcus

Postby javelina1 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:11 am

I went with 3 too.
javelina1

Postby minisaz » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Well after thinkin'. Maybe the one national event centrally located would be the best (#2). I wasn't thinking of all of the regional events. But the long drive across the country doesnt really appeal to me. I like meeting up in KC or St. Louis, something like that would be cool, only a couple days of driving to get to there...
Tim
Cars built for small spaces...Go more places.
minisaz

Next

Return to General Board