Mini Meet West, Irvine CA, 6/26 - 6/29

Discuss upcoming and old DMC events

Mini Meet West, Irvine CA, 6/26 - 6/29

Postby JPMINITUCSON » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:01 pm

This year the event is going to be in Southern California. Here's news from MOALA:

Hi everyone.

Mini Meet West, the Annual Classic and new MINI meet, is going to be hosted by MOALA this year. The event hotel and most of the events will take place in Irvine. This years event will include a Poker Rally, an Autocross, a Gymkhana, a Car show, as well as a Dinner banquet with a bunch of raffle prizes!

More info can be found at http://www.minimeetwest2008.com/. In another few days, we'll start the registration process on the site. Hope to see you guys all there!

Ralph
MOALA Prez
Last edited by JPMINITUCSON on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon
'81 Aussie Moke Californian
'61 Morris Mini-Minor
'71 Cooper 'S' MKIII
'76 Mini 1000
'13 MINI Cooper
JPMINITUCSON
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby minisaz » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:06 pm

hmm that may be a road trip
Tim
Cars built for small spaces...Go more places.
minisaz

Postby azminiman » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:12 am

HHmmm... my interest is sparked.
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby danjmcs » Tue May 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Those interested in attending, here is the latest news. You only have until 5/15 (that's this Thursday) to take advantage of the pre-registration special pricing of $125. After 5/15, the registration fee will be $150.

Mini Meet West is just a little over a month away and June 26th will be here before you know it. If you haven't already done so, and you plan on attending this amazing event, you need to send in your registration now! You only have until 5/15 (that's this Thursday) to take advantage of the pre-registration special pricing of $125. After 5/15, the registration fee will be $150.

If you need a bit of prodding, here are a few reasons why you won't want to miss Mini Meet West this year.

1. Good times with other Mini-centric folks. Whether it be hanging out in the hotel lobby, in line at the autocross, or stuffing your face at the banquet, you will be completely surrounded by like minded car guys (and gals).

2. Amazing raffle prizes will be given out at the banquet from companies like Brembo, Heritage Garage, Minimania, Tamiya, and many others! You could easily win a prize with a value that exceeds the cost of your event registration!

3. A safe and fun autocross event set to test your driving skills. Is your 1275 Mini faster around the course than a 2007 MINI Cooper S? There is only one way to find out!

4. A Poker Rally with a fat cash prize going to the person who gathers the best hand of cards! You don't have to have the fastest or the cleanest car to win. You just need to create the best hand of cards, one stop at a time!

5. On site to make sure you don't leave MMW empty handed will be vendors like Dooderwear, Illustrated Garage, and Heritage Garage amongst others. So if you need a cool t-shirt, a part for your car, or an amazing illustration, the MMW Vendor section will be able to fill your every car-guy need!

I'm sure you would agree, you would be absolutely crazy to miss this event!

Go to www.minimeetwest2008.com for info and a registration form. Pay for your registration right on the site with the Paypal button if you choose. It couldn't be any easier!

Hope to see you all there next month!

Thanks again!

Ralph Carita
MOALA, President
MOALACHAT.com, Admin
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby MINImama » Tue May 13, 2008 6:40 pm

Ooh, I'd love for this to be my first MINI road trip event. Though I don't think I'll be able to make this one. It's the week after we return from summer vacation, and I'm thinking the budget is going to be shot for a month or so. :( Probably gonna have to wait for an in-state drive....
MINImama
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Sanbient » Tue May 13, 2008 9:33 pm

As much as I was looking forward to this one. I'll be passing. Going to visit an old friend that weekend.

Michael
gplus.to/sanbient
twitter.com/sanbient
facebook.com/sanbient
Sanbient

Postby deemotored » Tue May 13, 2008 10:57 pm

You have no friends...
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby Sanbient » Tue May 13, 2008 11:09 pm

deemotored wrote:You have no friends...

True..hence the word old. You understand old right? :P
gplus.to/sanbient
twitter.com/sanbient
facebook.com/sanbient
Sanbient

Postby deemotored » Wed May 14, 2008 12:55 am

:roll:
deemotored
DMC Founding Member
DMC Founding Member

Postby danjmcs » Wed May 14, 2008 4:46 am

MINImama wrote:Ooh, I'd love for this to be my first MINI road trip event. Though I don't think I'll be able to make this one. It's the week after we return from summer vacation, and I'm thinking the budget is going to be shot for a month or so. :( Probably gonna have to wait for an in-state drive....

Yeah, wait for Mini Takes the States in August, or Minis in the Mountains, for that first real break-in, out-of-state road trip. Those should both be a blast, not that Mini Meet West won't be a good event. Historically though, it has been geared more toward the Classic Minis than the next generation.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby MINImama » Wed May 14, 2008 5:47 pm

Thanks for the tip, Dan. Just noticed that you're in Peoria, too. I'm at 75th and Greenway. I'll keep an eye open for ya when I'm motoring about!
MINImama
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby JPMINITUCSON » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:21 pm

We are registered.

That makes 4 Minis from Tucson. We're having a convoy!
Jon
'61 Morris Mini-Minor
'71 Cooper 'S' MKIII
'76 Mini 1000
'13 MINI Cooper
JPMINITUCSON
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Rkyracr » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:48 am

I am planning on being at Mini Meet West. Happily the host hotel is next door to my work jobsite in Irvine....I will be able to combine business with fun, my favorite recipe! Driving over from Scottsdale on Weds. the 25th. Ironically, I havent yet been able to make any of the local runs or meets.
RKYRACR
Rkyracr

Postby JPMINITUCSON » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:47 pm

MAIL IN REGISTRATION HAS ENDED

PAYPAL REGISTRATION AND DAY OF REGISTRATION IS STILL AVAILABLE.

Three days to go!!!!!!!!!!!
Jon
'61 Morris Mini-Minor
'71 Cooper 'S' MKIII
'76 Mini 1000
'13 MINI Cooper
JPMINITUCSON
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby JPMINITUCSON » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:01 am

MADMEN TAKE 7 AWARDS AT MINI MEET WEST!!!!!!

Martha & Ray, BMW Convertible - BEST IN CLASS Auto Show Award

Martha, Autocross Award

Jon, BMW Cooper - 2ND PLACE IN CLASS Auto Show Award

Patty, Mini Crafts Award - FIRST PLACE

Kathy, BMW Cooper S - BEST IN CLASS Auto Show Award

Kim, Autocross Award

Kim, Classic Mini Convertible - BEST IN CLASS Auto Show Award

Most awards by an out of state Mini Club - CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE MADMEN !!!!!

Jon
'61 Morris Mini-Minor
'71 Cooper 'S' MKIII
'76 Mini 1000
'13 MINI Cooper
JPMINITUCSON
DMC Member
DMC Member

Next

Return to Club Events