Comments on the club

Postby KENSHIN » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:27 am

I'll come chase the little white ball around
KENSHIN

Postby scuzzlepook » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:10 am

It Works wrote:
Gottoon wrote:
It Works wrote:I'll be a cheerleader! Golf has cheerleaders right? :lol:

Golf has caddies and cart drivers no cheerleaders... But the cart driver can just sit and have beers the whole time!!! :D

I know. Just messin with ya. Put me down for a cart driver! Whoo hoo, hold on! Parnelli Patty will be at the wheel! :D

Shot gun! Or 2nd cart driver!! You will need me as we learned this past weekend that Patty has a tendency of "losing" her friends! LOL
Jet Black 2009 BMW 135i
first love: IB/W 2004 MCS; Second love AB/AB 2007 JCW MCS
Image Image
scuzzlepook
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby It Works » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:18 am

scuzzlepook wrote:
It Works wrote:
Gottoon wrote:
It Works wrote:I'll be a cheerleader! Golf has cheerleaders right? :lol:

Golf has caddies and cart drivers no cheerleaders... But the cart driver can just sit and have beers the whole time!!! :D

I know. Just messin with ya. Put me down for a cart driver! Whoo hoo, hold on! Parnelli Patty will be at the wheel! :D

Shot gun! Or 2nd cart driver!! You will need me as we learned this past weekend that Patty has a tendency of "losing" her friends! LOL

Hey now.... :wink: Okaaay, you can be my wingman (er woman)...don't think I will need to look over my shoulder much on this trip though! If you do drive your own cart, no blindspots! :lol:
'06 MCS JCW, Aero, Bilstein PSS9's SB/S
'06 MCS JCW GP
It Works

Postby Gottoon » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:22 am

Louie B. wrote:
danjmcs wrote:
Gottoon wrote:That is 7...
What type of tournament you all want to play? Scrambles are always fun!

Yeah, a best-ball type scramble i think is a lot of fun for this type of thing. So if you have a foursome, each of you tee off, but you can use the best drive of your group on the hole and you just have to use each persons drive within your group twice or something like that during the round.

I'm liking that idea, except the part where we all will have to use one or two of my drives. :roll:

There is no limit to the rules you can create. We will have to discuss how we want to do it so it stays competitive.

However, A best ball tournament is different then a Scramble. In a best ball tournament, each player turns in a score for each hole like a standard Individual stoke play tournament. However only x of y (example Best Ball 2 of 4) scores are counted per team, there are many rules you can invoke in this type of tournament such as, each player has to have minimum 4 scores counted or hole one takes player one and twos scores hole two takes players 2 and 3s scores and so on and on. these can get extremely complex and scoring can take hours to figure out without a scoring system.

Scrambles are much faster tournaments to play and can be more of a strategy game then a game of talent. You have to work as a team with each others strengths and weaknesses to turn in the lowest score of all the teams. So Louie, if you have a horrible push off the drive, it is possible to use your drive on a hole were having a good pushed drive can be a benefit to your team. Just like if you have someone with a good long ball or short game. Again rules can become very very complex.

I am sure we will create a good happy medium in the rules to make it fun and competitive....
Gottoon

Previous

Return to Suggestions / Ideas