Organ Pipe Adventure March 11

Discuss upcoming and old DMC events

Organ Pipe Adventure March 11

Postby AKA IAN » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:06 pm

My MiNi hears the sound of organ pipes and wants to take a closer look. Good thing there's a place in Arizona to do that!

We will start the day with breakfast at the tasty Seis Restaurant (130 South Avenida del Convento #100) at 8:00 am.

After breakfast we will motor out west to Ajo and down to Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. Their visitor center is a great place to learn about the area, the cactus and the park, get your Jr. Ranger badge, and pick up some park souvenirs. There are a number of walking trails (the 1.5 mile nature trail is especially beautiful) to enjoy so bring some comfortable walking shoes if you're planning on looking around a bit. Bring your National Park's pass if you have one and don't forget your NPS passport book to stamp.

There will be a few of us camping overnight if you're interested in staying the night. Restrooms have running water and a few have solar showers. Hookups for electricity, water, or sewer are not available.

Camping fees are $16.00 per night. Holders of the Senior or Access Pass receive a 50% discount on camping. Advance reservations are not accepted but sites are usually available- even on weekends. Phone number to call, 520-387-6849, on the day of arrival for campground status is recommended.

Come join us for however long you can stay. Breakfast or drive or visit or camping. Your choice!

RSVP so we don't leave without you
AKA IAN
DMC Co-Chair
DMC Co-Chair

Re: Organ Pipe Adventure March 11

Postby AKA IAN » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:29 am

I'm almost packed and ready to go. Well, maybe stuff is at the door and I'm waiting for daylight to pack it in the teardrop. Yippee- camping with my friends!
AKA IAN
DMC Co-Chair
DMC Co-Chair

Return to Club Events