Chino Bandito Meet

Dedicated to unrelated topics...

Chino Bandito Meet

Postby STF_U » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:32 am

Since I can't post in the meets section I just wanted to say my wife and I will be going to the meet at Chino Bandito on the 29th :)

We look forward to meeting some new people :)
STF_U

Re: Chino Bandito Meet

Postby itsabecky » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Glad to hear it. I look forward to seeing you there!
itsabecky
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby KMPSSBL » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:33 am

I guess we won't be making it afterall. :(

Got 2 clients scheduled to come over tonight. Hopefully there will be another one soon!
2009 BRG/silver R55 - MINE
2006 PW/black R53 JCW - HUSBAND'S
North Phoenix
KMPSSBL

Postby AZMini » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:21 am

STF_U wrote:Since I can't post in the meets section I just wanted to say my wife and I will be going to the meet at Chino Bandito on the 29th :)

Why don't you just join the club so you can post in those sections? You are enjoying the benefits of the club but are not supporting the club. Please don't take this as a negative post. I'm just curious.
Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late.
The cannons don't thunder there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over forty victim of fate, arriving too late.
AZMini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby STF_U » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:30 pm

AZMini wrote:
STF_U wrote:Since I can't post in the meets section I just wanted to say my wife and I will be going to the meet at Chino Bandito on the 29th :)

Why don't you just join the club so you can post in those sections? You are enjoying the benefits of the club but are not supporting the club. Please don't take this as a negative post. I'm just curious.

We have joined MANY different forums with the different cars we have owned over the years and have never had to pay money to enjoy full access to a car forum. No negativity here either, just no interest in paying money to join a forum.
STF_U

Postby AZMini » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:45 pm

But you aren't just joining a forum. This is a car club that happens to have a forum. With that, there are many other things you get. I think one of the actual club rules is that you are allowed to come to one event without being a member but you must join to take part in more than that. It is for insurance purposes I think. when you pay to join, you also help contribute to this forum. Without paying, you are using the benefits of the club but not supporting the benefits. Seems unfair that the rest of us have paid but you refuse to. If everyone did that, the club would have to go away.
AZMini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby STF_U » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:15 pm

AZMini wrote:But you aren't just joining a forum. This is a car club that happens to have a forum. With that, there are many other things you get. I think one of the actual club rules is that you are allowed to come to one event without being a member but you must join to take part in more than that. It is for insurance purposes I think. when you pay to join, you also help contribute to this forum. Without paying, you are using the benefits of the club but not supporting the benefits. Seems unfair that the rest of us have paid but you refuse to. If everyone did that, the club would have to go away.

I am curious, do you know who you guys pay insurance premiums to and why? I've never been part of a forum/club (excluding track racing/autox) that had to have insurance.

Also, I know of several car club forums that have been created for free, or are super cheap ($5 - $10 a month), so I am just curious as to where each member's money goes.

Does the club have a budget sheet they post every year?
STF_U

Postby Louie B. » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Our Insurance is through Hagerty and covers us in the event someone tries to sue the club as a result of any member getting into an accident (or getting out of hand) durring an event. Club funds also go into Our filings with the corperation commission, the office supplies and postage required for the newsletters / callendars that get sent out to members as well as occaisional prizes at events and some charity work the club gets involved in.

The club's annual budget is presented at the anual members meeting by the Treasurer.

As was stated above, we are not a forum that happens to have a club, we are a club that happens to have a forum. The forum has become a very small portion of what the club is about over the years and most of our members rarely if ever visit it anymore. Our club is currently 150 members strong yet only about 10 people ever post to the forum. most prefer Email or the member facebook page. (or acually talking to each other in person O_O )
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Re:

Postby AZMini » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:53 am

Louie B. wrote:(or acually talking to each other in person O_O )

What is this madness?!?!
AZMini
DMC Member
DMC Member

Re:

Postby STF_U » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Louie B. wrote:Our Insurance is through Hagerty and covers us in the event someone tries to sue the club as a result of any member getting into an accident (or getting out of hand) durring an event. Club funds also go into Our filings with the corperation commission, the office supplies and postage required for the newsletters / callendars that get sent out to members as well as occaisional prizes at events and some charity work the club gets involved in.

The club's annual budget is presented at the anual members meeting by the Treasurer.

As was stated above, we are not a forum that happens to have a club, we are a club that happens to have a forum. The forum has become a very small portion of what the club is about over the years and most of our members rarely if ever visit it anymore. Our club is currently 150 members strong yet only about 10 people ever post to the forum. most prefer Email or the member facebook page. (or acually talking to each other in person O_O )

Thank you for all the info sir :)

I'll keep the membership in mind, but at this time I don't think I'm interested in paying for a car club membership, thank you though
STF_U

Return to Miscellaneous