new here

Discuss anything MiNi related!

new here

Postby AudioMayhem » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:09 am

Just thought id drop in and say hi. My name is Zak. Im south of Tucson in a weee little town of Benson. I own a 2003 S. Bought it dirt cheap beause it did not run and was half torn apart. Ive since got it running great. now im just putting my touch on the car. Starting body work soon. Anyway hope to see some of ya around some time.

Zak
AudioMayhem

Re: new here

Postby danjmcs » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:56 am

Welcome Zak! Sounds like a great project car you've gotten put back together!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby 66Cooper » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:50 am

Hey, we have some members that live in Benson. Would love to meet you sometime. Shoot and email to the madmenoftucson@gmail.com so you can get more information on the club and maybe we can get together with you and see your car. There are several wrench it at home folks in the club.
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby AKA IAN » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:56 pm

'03 S's are great! Hope to meet you at one of our events.
AKA IAN
DMC Co-Chair
DMC Co-Chair

Postby AudioMayhem » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:59 am

Wow. I really dont see many mini's in benson. Im definalty a wrench at home type of person. Thats actually how I make extra money.
AudioMayhem

Postby AIR FORCE ONE MINI » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:28 am

WELCOME to the real world of fun driving and the best MINI Club of the Southwest!
Paul & Diane
AIR FORCE ONE MINI
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby AKA IAN » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:16 am

Zak
Come and have breakfast with us June 28. Here's the info. Let us know if you can make it. You don't have to actually be in your MINI to come check us out. We've had Jeeps, Corvettes and pickup trucks on some of our adventures.

There's nothing my MINI likes better than a Saturday drive, breakfast and more driving. So let's hit the road for Amado and the world famous Cow Palace. Yes, the Cow Palace also serves breakfast. Good food and that great photo op across the road. My MINI is already excited.

We'll be breakfasting at 8:30 this month, allowing us some drive time. You can meet us at the Cow Palace, catch us along the highway or meet up at the Home Depot parking lot at Irvington and I-19. We will be departing from the Home Depot parking lot at 7:45.
Cow Palace is located at 28802 S. Nogales Hwy, Amado

After breakfast and photos, we're taking the long road home, via Arivaca, so the MINIs can work off those bacon calories. Depending on the number and length of our stops we just might need to find a lunch spot. Remember, "dining" is part of our name.

Please RSVP for your seat at the table and let us know if you are meeting us at the Home Depot so we don't leave without you.
AKA IAN
DMC Co-Chair
DMC Co-Chair

Postby AudioMayhem » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks.

And ill let you know about the 28th. It seems like there is something planned already. Being a service electrician I never know what im doing. But I dont think im on call that weekend.
AudioMayhem

Postby chrcal » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:38 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to DMC having just migrated from California (and my wife from Canada) to AZ!

We live in Goodyear and drive a 2013 MINI Cooper S (Chili Red/Black) and look forward to lots of events and 'spirited' drives around the area!

I also co-produce the miniology.com podcast, if anyone would like to share their MINI/ Mini story , pics, vids, or chat with us on an upcoming show I would be very interested !

All the best,
Christopher 'starlord' (or new rally name -> 'chrcal' ) Calhoun
Rhonda Ingram-Calhoun (former mopar powderpuff racer, also a fan of Minis/MINIs)

PS: Are there many classics are here? I've had 3 before and one 2003 before this newer 2013 model so love them all!
---
chrcal - starlord
producer, Miniology.com
2013 MCS Chill Red/Black 'Burble'

Previous MINIs: 1964 Mk1 MCS 'Minifuzz', 1968 Mk2 MMM Deluxe 'Henley', 2003 MCS 'Mindi'
chrcal

Return to General Board